Cafe TH

• Veg-friendly
Contact 713-225-4766

2108 Pease St, Houston, Texas, USA, 77003

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual Vietnamese food restaurant where you order at the counter. Offers some veggie Vietnamese food. Vegan including a coconut curry, a vegan pho (noodle soup), and vegan rolls. Lunch prices are cheaper.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by windysgarden

Some vegan and vegetarian options - Edit

I came here once and got the vegan curry. It was super delicious and the flavors were bomb. My only complaint is the portion I got was so small. A small little bowl of curry and a side of rice - maybe 1/2 cup. Not sure about the other food but the curry was not filling enough for me. I wouldn't even mind if they upped their price to have larger portions. There is a vegan section on the menu with 5 or so options (picture attached). They've also got a lunch special for 4.99 that you could probably make vegan. I would definitely come back and try the other options if I was living in the area.

Pros: Nice staff , Friendly owner

Cons: Small portion

One of my go-to lunch places - Edit

I go here sometimes for lunch since I work downtown. The vegan choices are limited but the flavors are tasty and the seasonings work well together so I really don't mind the small selection. Tends to be light, rather than heavy, food. Prices are very reasonable, even after a slight recent increase. Portions are not large but I ate here once with a couple folks from work and the low prices made them think they had to order three items each, resulting in two very stuffed people. The fellow running things when I'm there is very courteous. Ambiance isn't particularly special, but there are usually local artists' works on the walls. Parking spaces are narrow and hard to get into/out of, so if you have a driving option take the smallest car you can. Overall very nice.

Pros: Flavorful but light food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited vegan selection, Parking may be difficult

Overcooked frozen vegetables - Edit

On our summer pilgrimage to try many vegan/vegetarian restaurants, we tried this one as well. Of all they places we have eaten since being vegan, this was the least liked. We ordered the vegetable pho soup and lemongrass tofu with rice. The vegetable pho have overcooked frozen veggies in it and was super bland. The lemongrass tofu lacked flavor and the rice was like minute rice, not Asian rice. Sorry guys, we will not return.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: overcooked frozen vegetables, bland food

Tasty! - Edit

I brought several people here, and all of us enjoyed what we got (vegetarian and meat). The lemongrass tofu vermicelli bowl was very fresh tasting, yummy, and under $6! The food was fast, and the wait staff was very friendly. We'll definitely go back.

Delicious vegan - Edit

I had the pleasure of dining at Cafe TH recently. I'd heard they had Vegan Pho (Vietnamese soup) as well as Vegan Curry. Once there, I saw their daily special of tofu marinated with tomatoes and onions in a garlic sauce. I couldn't contain myself and ordered it. It was absolutely delicious. Very delicate flavors and nuances. I also had the vegan spring rolls which were again quite delicious. The owner is very friendly and in tune with vegans. I'd recommend without reservation.

Pros: Delicious, Fresh, Friendly

Cons: Parking

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe TH closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1586 times since Oct 2011.