Cafe Sunflower - Buckhead

Contact 404-352-8859

2140 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30309

Finer dining vegetarian restaurant with two locations serving a varied range of cuisines, from Asian to Southwestern American. Offers many dishes and has vegan cake. Mostly vegan. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Catering, Southwestern American

First Review by Mimi123

Expensive but delicious - Edit

My husband and I go here on our anniversaries only, mostly because there's usually a long wait and it's extremely expensive. Most of their dishes have soy in them. The ones that don't are extremely delicious.

Pros: Good flavor

Cons: Lots of soy in their dishes, Expensive!!!

Best part of coming back home.. - Edit

Every time I come back home, I have to go to Sunflower. Only minuets after landing at Hartsfield, I am on my way. Incredibly creative menu and vibrant flavors.

Pros: Creative Menu, Gluten Free Options

surprisingly lovely - Edit

Did not expect the inside to be so lovely. Very much enjoyed the service and every dish we ordered. Highly recommended and looking forward to trying out the other location in Sandy Springs.

Pros: server! he was awesome. , great atmosphere, amazing selection of dishes

Cons: German chocolate cake a little dry but the icing m

A gem in Buckhead - Edit

While visiting Atlanta, we were lucky enough to get a reservation at Cafe Sunflower. Our server, Leigh was outstanding and lead us through the menu brilliantly. Our portobello sliders were so good and fun to eat, just enough as an appetizer. I had the cauliflower Marsala and he had the seitan marsala, both delicious. Huge portions, but all healthy (save for them using a bit of oil).

Pros: Beautiful environment, Great Service

Really impressed - Edit

The staff are friendly and engaging the menu is varied but not vast and the dishes I had were excellent. I will be back when I revisit the area. Note it is not all vegan so be sure to ask.

Pros: Great staff, solid food

Great Vegan Restaurant - Edit

This is a very nice and cozy vegan restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food is great and there is a variety of foods to choose from. The desserts are so very very good.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly staff, good customer service

Cons: Although the portions are nice it is a bit pricey.

More than just a cafe - Edit

When I hear the term "cafe," I expect something fairly casual. But Sunflower Cafe is actually a fairly upscale restaurant, with premium vegan food selections and premium pricing.

Sunflower Cafe reminds me a lot of Laughing Seed Cafe in Asheville.

I was glad to be able to order local, organic hot tea, which was served in a pot.

For dinner, I ordered one of the daily specials: "Tilapia Style Peach Tofu," $18. Grilled tofu, cauliflower & butternut squash mash, steamed veggies (carrots + broccoli), mango peach Port wine sauce. The presentation was very nice, and the taste was excellent--but I was surprised by the small portion size. Still, I know that part of what I'm paying for is the labor that goes into creating such a fancy vegan dish.

I was tempted to order the other special of the day: Chimichuri Seitan Steak.

The menu was filled with lots of great-sounding offerings, including about a dozen "Starters" plus various types of salad.

For dessert, my server brought out a plate showing about eight different types of cakes/pies--all vegan--such as German chocolate cake, key lime pie, etc. I had to use all my willpower to pass them up.

I was impressed by the Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in the bathroom.

If I ever come to Atlanta again, I'll be sure to dine at Sunflower Cafe.

Pros: Many vegan selections, Excellent food

Cons: Small portions, Fairly high prices

Excellent!!! - Edit

Most everything is delicious here! Orzo lasagna is a must for lunch! Run don't walk to Sunday brunch! Desserts are amazing! Very nice, elegant atmosphere is great for a date or hanging out with friends. Staff is really friendly and helpful. I love this place!

Beware - Edit

If healthy vegetarian is what you seek, be aware that this spot uses poison in their foods. All vegetarian and vegan spots do not adhere to healthy diets. Metabisulfites in the tortillias they use is a clear example. I know, because I visited and told them of this allergy and asked. The owner admitted the ingredient was in this food item. Cheap ingredients and charging premium prices. Very deceptive....and unhealthy. Be afraid, be very afraid. When are we ever going to get with food integrity. I was livid with this place because I've dined here for years and put up with the bad service on top of the ridiculous prices just to have an outting. Never again.

Best Brunch in Atlanta - Edit

I have been to Cafe Sunflower several times, and until now, the main reason to go was their amazing strawberry cake. However, my friends and I went for brunch recently, and it is even better than the brunch at Soul Vegetarian (and that is a tall order)! I highly recommend the blueberry pancakes, which my omni friend said were the best she'd ever had, and the tofu omelette.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Prompt Service

Cons: A Little Pricey, Make Reservations, No Cake on Sundays

Best vegan restaurants in town - Edit

This is the best vegan restaurants in town. Great atmosphere. The options are fabulous for veg and non-veg customers. You can use to bring non-vegan friends and business associates and you can be assured everyone will love it. They now have Sunday brunch!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Friendly and fresh - Edit

The restaurant was an upscale environment with a creative special for Halloween. There were too many "great sounding" options for one visit! We chose the Dracula special which was three sliders each with a different take on vegetarian options. Mushroom cap with special spicy sauce; roasted beet with kimchi; and a hummus patty with lettuce and tomato. All were subtle and unique. As a side, we chose the crispy brussels sprouts served with Mao sauce. We wished the sprouts would have been less covered in batter but they were tasty. As a finish, all desserts were vegan and there were nine cakes form which to choose. We opted for ultimate chocolate and it was worth it. We'll be back! Service was suberbly focused and helpful.

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan options, Friendly staff

Good Choice For Higher End Veggie Dining - Edit

I took 8 business colleagues here one night. I'm the only vegetarian in the group, but I was paying, so I got to choose. There was some grumbling and a lot of jokes, but everyone agreed it was a good meal. And my colleague from Bordeaux actually approved of my wine choice!

Pros: Good Menu, Good Wine, Moderate Prices

Good upscale dining - Edit

I loved their upscale yet trendy atmosphere. The food was very good although my risotto with a little too rich. My soup was amazing. Almost anything on the menu can be made vegan. There were so many options it took a long time to choose. I've only been there once but I can't wait to go back. My only criticism is that the place is not 100% vegan.

Pricey but worth it. The service was very good.

Pros: Atmosphere, Soup, Large menu

Cons: Not 100% vegan

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Sunflower - Buckhead closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.