Cafe Pinson - Marais

Contact 983825353

6, rue du Forez (at 3e), Paris, France, 75003

Organic vegetarian cafe with several outlets in Paris. Food is mostly vegan except for eggs in some dishes and desserts. Pay attention when ordering a coffee with milk, as by default they serve it with cow's milk (almond milk is available). Free Wi-Fi. This is their first location. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, French

First Review by Kardinal

A good Back-up when in Marais - Edit

I've visited this place several times in the last couple of years.

They offer few appetizers and dishes.
The food is usually vegan; however, most of the desserts contain eggs. I always enjoy their vegan dishes, so Pinson is a sort of "safe choice" for me.

They claim not using dairy at all; however, cow's milk is used for the coffee by default, so it's necessary to let them know you want plant-based milk with it.

The atmosphere and the service are alright; but it's fairly popular, so I'd recommend reserving a table in advance.

Pros: location, tasty food

Cons: not all vegan, portions could be a bit larger

nothing special - Edit

I had a "menu" for lunch there which consisted of only 2 meals (starter+main course) for 17,50€ - way overpriced. The portions were small, nothing really special regarding taste. The food was oversalted and not warm enough. The stuff was also not too friendly and caring. The best part of the place is actually interior design.

Pros: interior

Cons: overpriced, average food, not great service

Variable. - Edit

First time we went here we had the 'Petit Dejeuner' which consisted of tartines, soya yoghurt and granola, fresh juice, and an almond milk coffee, all of which were spot on. So good, in fact, that we went again the next day and were served coffees with the milk split. Boo! A good spot for a vegan brekkie in Paris though.

Blanquette de légumes vegan : OMG ! - Edit

Tout simplement délicieux : j'ai mangé l'assiette de légumes Pinson, une sorte de blanquette de légumes rôtis avec une béchamel très légère et goûteuse vegan, et j'ai partagé un thé gourmand comprenant un pudding de graines de chia crémeux à souhait, un cake coco-vanille pas mal du tout, et une excellente barre de sésame à la cardamome. Le tout dans un décor sympa et confortable, avec un service rapide, gentil et efficace. Bref je suis très contente de mon passage au Café Pinson, c'est un peu cher mais je reviendrai avec plaisir.

Just ok - Edit

We went there twice as the first time we were told the kitchen was closed in a not very polite way. We went back for dinner as sol semilla was packed and we had no reservation. This time the staff on that shift was quite friendly and we managed to eat something but the food was just alright, nothing special. Not very big portions and the crumble I had for dessert was not very good. A bit overpriced.

Lovely iced coffee's and yummy lunch :) - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here a couple of times for coffee's as it was really close to where we were staying.

The first two times the staff weren't overly friendly - but maybe because we were just ordering coffee's? We asked the first time if we could have a coffee and they told us no only brunch or if you're ordering food can you stay so I asked if they did take away and they said oh yes we do and made us a couple of drinks and juice to take.

The second time we went there they were a little friendlier and allowed us to take a seat to have our coffee's and juice near the window even though we weren't eating. Still not super friendly by any means though.

Today however the gentleman who served us was lovely and gave us an option of tables to sit at - one was right beneath the air conditioning which was amazing because there has been a heatwave this week and we have been struggling with the heat!

The restaurant itself has a nice ambience and lovely decor too :)

I ordered one of the 3 lunch's on offer - all vegan and all delicious! Lovely bean fritters with a mustard-vegan mayonnaise dipping sauce, a salad of mixed cabbage and some delicious fried vegetable I've never eaten before so not sure what it was called? Really delicious though! I had ordered the special where you get main and dessert for 17 euro so I ordered the apple crumble and it was quite nice. Not amazing but not too bad, definitely could have used some soy cream or coconut cream to go with it. My boyfriend wasn't too hungry so he ordered the chocolate cake. He said it had good flavour but also needed some kind of cream to go with it.

I have ordered their fresh juices of the day and they are all lovely and nice and freshly made for you plus coffee's are great and the iced coffee's were especially delicious on such a hot day (made with rice milk or almond milk).

I would definitely recommend this place for food and drinks and have had a mixed experience with service.

Pros: Iced coffee and main meal, Ambience & decor, AIR CONDITIONING!!! :)

Cons: Some staff not too friendly, Small portions for mains

Delicious and vegan friendly - Edit

We had a good time at Café Pinson. At the entrance, a sign says: no dairy. Most of the meals were vegan. If there are eggs in a dish, the server can tell you very clearly. The plates are well proportioned, but overcrowded. For once, no waste!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, moderate proportions

Cons: little deserts without eggs, some seats are unconfortable

The best Chocolate Coco cake ever! - Edit

The tea was just your normal teabags, but the Chocolate Coco cake was the best ever! Way worth the short trek from Gare du Nord with all of our bags to while away the hour before our Eurostar to London.

Pros: Great cake!, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: OK tea

a few vegan options but could be better - Edit

I've only been once but doubt I'll go again. You can do so much better for vegan dining in Paris. Most of the items are vegetarian but not vegan, they are too expensive, and nothing we had was very good (not bad, just not as good as we would expect).

Cons: not enough vegan options, not tasty, expensive

Meh... - Edit

Overall experience was disappointing. Maybe for coffee/tea and some cake it's ok, but not for dining. Smoothie and soup was good, but everything else what we ordered was disappointing. Especially for that price. Wannabe gourmet style, but can't really pull that off. Food wasn't bad, but neither good. In my opinion main dish was too light (hey! veg*ans ain't grass-eaters!) and too bland.

Pros: atmosphere

Cons: food could be better

Nice enough - Edit

Sort of a coffee house with a menu. Decent options for vegans. Portions smallish, but sometimes that's just right. Many of the tables have short stools instead of chairs with backs. Big couch area for lounging with friend though.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

Cons: Uncomfortable chairs for eating a meal.

Modern atmosphere but food not impressive - Edit

We tried this restaurant for a sunday brunch. Even if the place has a very nice atmosphere, we find portions available very small in comparison to the price paid (25 €). In the brunch menu, you only have a limited choice of drinks (only tea and coffee) while other interested drinks are out of price.

For brunch, we had slices of bread with different spreads (all very good), a pumpkin soup which lacked seasoning, vegetables and muesli. Despite the price paid, it was not possible having rab which limits the interest of the brunch and makes it very expensive for the limited size of the offered portions.

Pros: organic and vegan choices, nice place

Cons: expensive, small portions, food not so tasty

Very disappointing - Edit

As Paris has got very few organic restaurants I was very excited to try out Cafe Pinson, but I got really disappointed: the food has very little flavor, portions are ridiculously small and expensive. Both the grains and the beans (chickpeas and lentils) were very badly cooked, and everything lacked flavor, with so little effort it could have been much nicer. The scary part was that the place was rather full despite that.

Pros: Good location, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Bad food, Expensive , Small portions

Expensive dinner for very little food - Edit

Just had dinner and paid 16 euros for a small dessert-size plate with black rice and 5 fries-like pieces of eggplant. The rice was tasty but very greasy. The oven baked eggplant was just OK.

Pros: Decoration, Location, Friendly service

Cons: Price, Small portions

...great for breakfast, too - Edit

they dont have much vegan options but the breakfast one is totally fine (juice of the Day, hot beverage, a glass of kind of a muesli, and plenty of bread with vegan butter (made from cocoa and almond I think) and thick chocolate.
It's rather big and the atmosphere is very very cosy (couches, music, deco, ...)
(Also: English spoken, I assume, since some of them speak french with a lovely english accent)

Pros: location, tasty vegan butter, open on morning

Cons: slightly pricey

Perfect for the afternoon - Edit

A very nice place with a warm welcome.
We tasted a delicious chocolate raw cake and a tasty coffee.
Our only regret is the cake was a little too small for the price.

Pros: Great Cake, Organic

Cons: Small portion, A bit noisy

A vegan-friendly teahouse in Paris! - Edit

It is a very pleasant place to linger with friends. In the afternoon, they offer organic teas, hot chocolate or cappuccino vegan, and of course some delicious vegan pastries. Be careful some cakes contain eggs, but it is clearly indicated. There are also gluten-free option. We will return for lunch, because everything is vegan.

Pros: Charming place, Friendly Staff

Cons: Not enough choice of vegan cake

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Pinson - Marais closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6811 times since Jan 2013.