Cafe Mlynek

Wolnica Square 7, Krakow, Poland, 30-061

Bed and breakfast with a vegetarian cafe that offers breakfast food, Polish pierogi with mushroom, noodle, spinach pancakes, quiche, desserts, and soups. Near the Kazimierz district. Hosts music some evenings. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-3:00am, Mon-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Polish

First Review by Upliftance

Beautiful with live music - Edit

The cafe was very cute with outdoor and indoor seating, they had a live band playing piano and double bass. The staff very friendly and spoke quite good english and there was an english menu. I order the Lecso which was a Hungarian ratatouille which was delicious although my friend didn't really like her noodles. Gluten free options available.

OK - Edit

We had some snacks here in the afternoon.

Staff was a bit slow and forgot to bring some of the stuff we ordered. It was cleared up later (so we didn't have to pay for it). Some stuff was a bit too greasy for our taste.
Maybe it was just a bad day for the waiter.

Overall this is a nice place with a nice atmosphere. If we visit Krakow again, we will give it another try.

Pros: nice atmosphere

Cons: lack of attention to detail

My favourite place in Krakow! - Edit

First time I was here last year (2015) and then I just fell in love with this place! Quit small, but comfy place to eat breakfast, dinner or just drinkin' coffee, wine, beer etc. Menu is more vegetarian than vegan, but there is few of vegan meals. Especially I recommend pastas. Stuff talks understandable english and are also friendly. Nice restaurant with good location!

Pros: good location, friendly staff, tasty food

Cons: small, more vegan meals

Beautiful place - Edit

We loved thus place: great location, friendly staff, yummy tea and desserts!

Pros: nice staff, vegan options , yummy food, good portion sizes

Cons: bit expensive

Nice vegan dessert - Edit

Stopped by for dessert at lunchtime and had a nice vegan date and almond thing (can't remember exactly). Lemonade was also nice. Would reccomend! Lots of vegan options. They did however put nuts on top of my friend's drink without asking, which was an issue as she is mildly allergic.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good location in Jewish district, Good food

Cons: Nuts came on drink unexpectedly

good food, great portions - Edit

We had the pancakes, which weren't that amazing and a sandwich which was really good. Location is great and stuff nice!

Great Breakfast & Bigos - Edit

I ate here on several occasions. Had the Vegan Breakfast (strange but great!) and the Bigos (fantastic) and Corn Pancakes (okay). Location great, service fast and friendly, super cheap and lits of choice. I've uploaded a couple of pics too. Round the corner from Nova - another great Vegan eatery. Definitely recommend this place!

A solid option - Edit

I found Cafe Mlynek solid, but a little uninspired. All the pierogi are non-vegan, which is a real shame. I wanted to try some Polish food so I had bigos, which was a cabbage and mushroom stew. It was really tasty and had a good kick, though the bread it was served with was a little dry. I thought the portion sizes were a little small (my boyfriend is vegetarian so he had some pierogi, but it was just a plate of dumplings, no salad or anything), so getting more than one course is advisable. However, the vegan starters were both hummus-based and there's only one vegan dessert, which I was willing to try - but nobody came back to take our order. All in all, it was good but not mind-blowing.

Impressive vegan breakfast! - Edit

I came here with my girlfriend on a Sunday morning for their vegan breakfast.

The serving was huge: a massive salad, 3 types of bean paste, pesto, basket of bread and fried tofu with carrot.

It came with unlimited tea/coffee for a fantastic price, and was so filling we couldn't even finish the bread (which never happens to us!)

Great place, big menu but not a huge amount of vegan options. Lovely big vegan breakfast for cheap though!

Pros: Huge portion, Good food and service

Cons: Need more vegan options

HUGE breakfast - Edit

Absolutely incredible breakfast! The vegan breakfast was huge, filling and healthy. Loads of veggies, different types of pea pastes that were like houmous, parsley pesto etc. Unlimited tea/coffee too. So, so good.

Pros: value, size of portions, unlimited coffee

we enjoyed it - Edit

It's a week ago that we stayed in Kraków and luckily found Cafe Mlynek. We had a big and good breakfast there. I liked the grated tofu with carrots the most, it was very tasty. Also the parsley pesto and hummus. We went there a second time in the evening for a glass of vegan wine which they offer.

Pros: huge vegan breakfast, , inexpensive , nice to sit outside, vegan wine

Cons: no

Very cute place, good vegan options - Edit

This is my 3rd time and Krakow and I always come back to this place. My favorite dish is definitely the vegan latkes. The tofu sandwich is also good.

Pros: Fresh, Good prices, Nice location

Fatastic Find in Krakow - Edit

We were amazed and delighted to find this "cafe" - actually a full service restaurant - in the heart of charming Kaziemerz by one of the main squares. We ate here half-dozen times and everything was delicious. Polish specialties (well, except for no meat or fish) as well as Italian pastas, various pancakes, a few curries, tofu dishes, and some other international choices, with great soups and appetizers from a very large menu. They also serve vodka, wine, beer and desserts. The Cafe is also a B&B (we stayed here too) with very inexpensive and basic but quiet and comfortable rooms. Friendly staff; popular with the locals. Funky old Polish decor.

Pros: very large and diverse selection, everything was delicious

Big tasty portions! - Edit

Loved this place! Great service and atmosphere and the food was great. Our entrees (the hummus plate and tofu salad) were HUGE. They could have been mains. The main dishes were a normal size but very tasty. I had the polish stew which was hearty comfort food (served with bread) and my boyfriend had prerogis. It would be nice if they added a vegan prerogi option as the only authentic polish vegan dish on the menu was the stew. They could also use more vegan dessert options (I found the date and nut dessert - the only vegan option - a bit sickly sweet and boring). The mulled wine was delicious!

Pros: Yummy, Big portions, Friendly service

Cons: More vegan options, especially dessert

Russian dumplings and polish beer mmmmm - Edit

Lovely little restaurant in the old Jewish part of krakow. Staff are friendly and prices reasonable. I only had the Russian dumplings which came with sour cream. They are stuffed with potatoes and cheese and are delicious. The beer was lovely too. Varied menu with polish dishes and other options like pasta. Will definitely be going back here before i go home.

Average - Edit

Quite cozy place. Nothing special.

Good food in a relaxed atmosphere. - Edit

Had seen this café on Happy Cow and ended up there after a long heavy morning at the Schindler Factory museum. We had a very welcome, delicious and relaxed lunch sitting outside overlooking the square. Chose the 2 course set lunch for about 19 zloty each. Lovely soup to start and main choices of mixed dumplings or potato tortilla and salads. Both were delicious. Added vegan ice cream to finish off which was lovely too - we tried the chocolate flavour. Homemade 'lemonade' was inventive and refreshing: a glass full of crushed ice, watermelon, orange and mint. Well worth trying.

Pros: relaxed atmosphere, good portions

Good But Not Great - Edit

Nice place, the food is good, plentiful but not special, everything I could snap up at home in 5 minutes, which of course doesn't make it bad but keeps me from giving it 5 stars.

Also it would be cool to have more vegan options, for example you can get a milkshake but only with cow milk... Also there's only one vegan desert which is like a typical raw fruit date type so don't expect to be blown away but all in all a nice place I would recommend

Pros: Nice Atmosphere, Homestyle Cooking, Easy Readable Menu

Cons: Not Enough Vegan Options, Not Enough Vegan Desserts, Not The Cheapest

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Mlynek closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.