CLOSED: Cafe Memento

Contact +61421582509

Govetts Leap Road (at corner of Wentworth Street), Blackheath, New South Wales, 2785

Modern Australia cuisine with European influence. All food is cooked on the premises. Quiet location with ample parking and courtyard. Cafe Memento is proudly powered by 100% renewable energy (wind power). Cakes and coffee served all day until 6pm. Converted to all vegetarian, including several vegan options since June 2011. SHUT DOWN OCT 2013 PER OWNER.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, European, Australian, BYO

First Review by tsathoggua101

Delish! - Edit

We stumbled across Memento quite by accident, eager to get away from the hoards at Leura and Katoomba. We were a cold, wet ravenous group of 6 ready to refuel for an afternoon's bushwalking at Govetts Leap. The food was excellent, my lentil stack deliciously yum, the Russian Caramel cake to die for and the coffee great, unlike the muddy water that passed for coffee at the appalling La Maison boutique hotel Katoomba. Loved the ambience of Memento, the artwork on the walls...it was cosy and the staff friendly with fast, efficient service. And I thought the prices really reasonable given the lovely, fresh organic produce. And I also liked their environmental ethics, the place runs on wind power. So many plusses for me that I'll be hightailing it back here on my next visit to the Blue Mts.

Pros: Delish vego food, Funky surrounds, Fast, friendly service

Cons: In the Blue Mts

A great find! - Edit

We stumbled across this cafe at random during a weekend in the Blue Mountains and liked the food so much, we rated it the best of our entire trip!
As we walked in at lunchtime, the people coming out recommended the Lentil Stack and we followed their advice. It was stunning, as was the Blackheath Salad and the Tofu Salad.
We don't usually have dessert at lunch but the dessert menu was so appealing, we relented. I glad we did - the cakes were amazing.
We'll definitely return - this place is worth the trip!

Pros: great food, quality ingredients, good value

Cons: too far away to visit every week

Awesome - Edit

When I first went there it was omnivorous. The veggie food was great. I mentioned to them that they seemed to be doing everything else with a low eco footprint, but still served meat. Next time I went there, all veggo. Nice. Lovely atmosphere, too.

Cons: Tiny place

Return to Blackheath Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Memento closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 298 times since Aug 2010.