REMOVED: Cafe Melzar

Contact 08-87231760

Shop 7/4 Engelbrecht Lane, Mount Gambier, South Australia, 5290

Serves meat, vegan options available. Australian and European style cafe and coffee roaster. Offers daily raw food and raw desserts ranging from caramel tarts to key lime pie. Has almond, rice, soy, and oat milk for coffee drinks. Removed from HappyCow due to poor veg options, Oct 2014.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Raw, Western, European, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by KrystHellSeidel

poor vegan options - Edit

Nothing obviously vegan on the breakfast or lunch menu, when asked said all they could do was the vegetarian scrambled eggs & beans, minus egg. No vegan burger. There was a place for a raw dairy free cheesecake, but had ran out

Great Little Place In Mount Gambier - Edit

I found this place using Happycow and was very excited when I arrived. It's a very nice little cafe with lots of vegan food offerings. Vegan burgers, pancakes, and more, plus raw desserts and great coffee. I'll definitely be back!

Pros: Good Options , Great Coffee , Raw Desserts

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

5 stars - Edit

We found this little cafe by chance while traveling the Great Ocean Road.

There were no vegan options for a long stretch of the drive (our dinner the night before was packet noodles) and finding this little gem hiding away from the main road.

They make the best coffee we've had on the great ocean road and to our surprise they had a lot of vegan cakes.

We had a vegan chocolate cake and the raw banana and pecan bread which were both delicious.

The staff was very friendly and I'm sure would go out of their way to help you with any diet requirements.

We'll definitely go back if we ever drive down there again, and recommend it highly to any vegan or non-vego person :)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 18, 2013

Pros: Vegan cakes!!!, friendly staff, Best coffee

Cons: Hidden away from the main road

Return to Mount Gambier Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Cafe Melzar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 815 times since Jun 2013.