First Review by Rashi

Good place for Indian take out - Edit

My husband and I were in Rockville this afternoon and needed to find a vegetarian place for a quick lunch. We did a quick google search and this place came up. We called on 240-418-2466, found the place was open and drove up to it.

Since we're Indians too, we felt right at home chatting with the owners and lunching on the samosas and kachoris. Both were really good, especially the kachoris which are hard to come by here in the US (I mean the real, freshly-made and light and savory types). We also had the gulab jamuns for dessert. All the food was pretty good, and we're looking forward to going back and trying some other items soon.

The place is really meant for take-out though. There's no air-conditioning and limited seating space. The food more than makes up for that though. It's like the food we used to have in Delhi, and we've come across very few places that live up to that. Everything is vegetarian, which was a big plus as well. It's Indian vegetarian though, so lots of milk products. Reasonably priced too :)

The owner said that the place is closed on Mondays, but is open the rest of the week. It looks a little deserted from outside and we had to go in and wait a few minutes for someone to take our order since the owner was not in. Once we were over that hurdle, things went pretty smoothly. We're definitely going back.

Pros: Great food, Authentic Indian, Reasonably priced

Cons: No air-conditioning, Suitable mainly for take-out

Return to Rockville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Masala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.