CLOSED: Cafe Mana Mana

Contact 12-370-20-30

Studencka 15, Krakow, Poland,

Vegetarian cafe offers in-house-made vegan cakes and Fair Trade, organic, vegan ice cream. Coffee fair trade organic, served optionally with almond-oat milk. Has gluten free and lactose free items. Wi-fi. Reported closed, last day Jun 2013, and confirmed by HappyCow per its FB message.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Niemka

Vegan desserts, sandwiches and ice cream - Edit

There's not much better than a place with cheap coffee, vegan ice cream, sandwiches and desserts. Oh, and has free wifi.

I'm definitely going back to this place. I haven't tried everything on the menu yet.

Pros: All-veg, Vegan ice cream, Very friendly

Cons: Far from me

Cosy - Edit

We went to Mana Mana on a Saturday night and we were the only ones in bar a couple in the snug. It was very quiet but this may have been due to the academic term. The ice cream menu was extensive and imaginative, but for a vegan cafe, we were less than impressed with the collection of live fish tanks around the place, some very shallow to fit almost 'flat screen' to the wall, giving the fish only two directions to swim. Very friendly though.

Pros: Cosy, good ice cream menu, friendly and helpful-English menu.

Cons: the fish!, too quiet

manamana Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and your concern about the fish. We really take care of those tanks and they are not flat at all. Maybe it`s not visible at first sight, but there are hidden entrances and the tanks are inside the walls, with some room to take care of the fish. Next time ask and someone will show you how big the tanks really are. In fact, the one near the bar is 750 litres, we have about 600 litres of sea tank, the one in wooden frame is the smallest - 120 litres and the last two: 450 litres and 280. We only keep fish that feel comfortable in specific size. We rented the place with fish and we couldn`t imagine throwing them away or selling so we took care of them and they really are our favourite pets. They are not harmed in any way!

Worth a visit indeed! - Edit

Me and my fianće went there during our interrail trip, and we loved this place. The atmosphere was very nice, service was friendly and helpful.

We took cocktails, and the one I took was originally made with milk but I got it changed for a rice milk to make it vegan. Also we took brownie with some sauces and home made ice cream, all vegan. Ice creams were a bit more like sorbets. Grapefruit ice cream was delicious, and really tasted like the fruit it self, my companions favorites were the chocolate and kibana(kiwi and banana:D).

Prices were okay, not super cheap but not super expensive either.

If we visit Krakow some time again, we'll go there for sure!

Pros: adorable service, products (lots of vegan options!), atmosphere

Delicious Vegan Ice creams! - Edit

This is the BEST place for vegan ice creams in Krakow! All of their ice creams are house-made and are crafted with either soy milk, rice milk, or just fruit. The menu does not advertise the ice cream is vegan, but ask any server and they can tell you the ingredients if you have a question. (The rice milk-based ice creams are noticeably made of rice). I split a 4-scoop bowl with a vegan friend and we tried: caramel, chocoalte, rice vanilla, and kiwi. All 4 flavors were delicious.

Highly recommended :) - Edit

Even if Cracow is full of nice cafes and restaurants,the Mana Mana is something special.Near to the main market in a quiet street it offers high quality,organic,fairtrade and last not least extremely delicious stuff.Definetely worth visiting!!!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Fair trade, Vegan cakes and icecream

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Mana Mana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 355 times since May 2012.