CLOSED: Cafe Maloka

Contact 020-32152062

62 Broadway Market, London Fields, Hackney, East London, England, E8 4QJ

Small vegetarian cafe and tearoom with vegan and gluten-free options, large selection of tea. Also a small wholefood and tea shop. Formerly Gossip Cafe, still veg. MAR 2016 OWNER REPORTED SHUT. Mon-Sun 8:00am-7:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery, British, English

First Review by anderson_santos

Cozy cafe! - Edit

Cozy little cafe with plenty of vegan sandwiches, as well as some cakes, to try. I tried the "Ahimsa" sandwich and it was tasty and filling. The sandwiches are pre-prepared and kept in a fridge. The fridge was not very well organized and some labels (listing the ingredients) got mixed up, but the staff was very helpful when it came to finding what was vegan and not. They also had a great selection of teas to choose from. The seating was a bit limited though.

Overall it was a cozy place and quite cheap as well!

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, great variety of sandwiches, cheap

Cons: limited seating, mixed up labels

Super friendly cafe! - Edit

Really pleased to have stumbled upon this place, I'll be making it my mission to come here more often. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and gave us a sample of a new drink for us to try. To eat, I had a huge bowl brocolli soup which was delicious and really well seasoned and my boyfriend went for the halloumi and hoummous focaccia which was equally as tasty. If you love tea then this place is for you, there's a whole wall filled with diferent leaves and mixes. I had a lovely chai, whilst the Mister went for a beautiful warm (and homemade, I'm guessing) ginger beer.

The place is pretty small so I'm guessing that at lunch times and on market days it's rammed. We went on a late Tuesday afternoon but even then, there was only one free table.

All in all though, this is a super cute, quirky little cafe. Great value for money too and the desserts looked great – will hopefully be coming back to sample more.

Pros: Really friendly staff, Large selection of food and drink, Tasty food

Cons: The place is quite small

Love this place! - Edit

Great coffee, cake and sandwiches! The Vegan one with ham and mayo has got to be one of my favourite sandwiches of all time. The staff are always friendly which is nice.

I often take my non-vegan friends there and they love it.

Pros: The vegan sandwiches, The vegan cheesecake, Friendly staff

Lovely sarnie! - Edit

Came upon this place quite by chance. Thought I'd go in to see what they had in the way of vegan fare. There was a very nice sounding 'Salsa' sandwich (that I shall try next time) but I went for the 'Ahimsa' sandwich - vegan ham, vegan mayo, lettuce, tomato and gherkin, all between two pieces of the most divine walnut & fruit bread. It was foodgasmic! Also bought a few spicy 'sausage' sticks. While there were only two vegan sandwiches to choose from, the quality here seems excellent. I got my food to take away as I had to be somewhere, but it is a delightful little cafe and I could've quite happily sat down for a while.

Pros: Delicious sandwiches!, Nice atmosphere

Good vibe - Edit

I was walking to meet a friend in a cafe when I looked on the left and saw a "vegetarian cafe" just next to the place I was going to. I walked in to check vegan options and found that all cakes are vegan and really good, and they also have a good selection of teas and provide free wifi.

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Maloka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5152 times since Aug 2008.