First Review by cmmgrove

Dissappointing Burger - Edit

I went there, and got their veggie burger, and I was pretty excited to get something other than falafel. But when I saw the beetroot patties being taken out of what I think was the freezer, I regretted buying it. I also forgot to ask if the bread was vegan, but I did remember to ask about the pesto, that it arrived completly covered in. I would have expected the waiter to pick up on, that if I didn't want cheese in my pesto, there was a pretty good chance I didn't want milk i my burger bun. It did see, that there was a quina salad on the menu, but I didn't ask about it about being vegan. I used to like their fries a lot, but they changed them to be more bland.

Cons: Inattentive staff , Dissappointing food

Boring and dry veggie burger and not vegan friendly - Edit

The vegetarian burger is really dry and boring. They don't even bother to make the veggie patties themselves... And there are so many good vegan patties on the marked and they somehow decided to go with a very soft beetroot patty that tastes funny (not in a good way).

Why they're not vegan friendly:
They unfortunately use milk in their bread so the burger cannot be veganaised. You can get a wrap that is vegan, but there is nothing marked VEGAN on their menu.

It's so easy to bake without milk and so many vegans have requested that over the years. But nothing happens at Cafe Luna! They seem to have stagnated.

I gave them feedback many years ago (when I was a vegetarian) regarding their vegetarian burger and they have not done anything to improve it since. It's exactly the same; dry and boring.

It's as if the chefs have not tasted their own veggie food.... otherwise it would have been much better. Unless they don't know anything about plantbased food and just assume that it's not interesting and therefore live up to those standards when making the vegetarian food.

I would personally be to ashamed to serve food at a restaurant that tasted like their food.

The staff does not seem to care much about the vegan and vegetarian food that they serve and would rather recommend you a big meat burger and as mentioned aboved, do not take the feedback into consideration for future improvement.

So.... if you are a skilled cook at home... I would not recommend that you spend your money or time on Cafe Luna.

If you go there anyway... I would just order french fries. They seem to know how to make those !

** NOTE **

The only reason I went there again was because of a giftgard I got to the place. And the only reason I ordered a vegetarian burger was because the giftcard contained 1 burger and they were not very large regarding letting us order anything else than what was listed on the giftcard.

So I ordered the vegetarian burger well knowing the buns contained milk. I replaced the garlic mayo with hummus and ketchup - to dip my french fries in.

Luckely the snack dish which was included in the giftcard happened to be vegan.

I'll uploade some photos from my visit.

I really hope they will make vegan buns in the future and some good vegan patties... it's really not that hard to make a vegan burger and Aalborg has been ready for vegan food for a long time now! Now we just need some talented chefs who dare to take up the challenge :)

Pros: Good tasting, big, crunchy, spicy french fries

Cons: Not good vegetarian chefs, Not vegan friendly. Nothing marked on the menu., Very dry and boring vegetarian burgers

Not vegan friendly - Edit

I went there a year ago, when I moved to the city. The staff was very nice and helpful, but there were no vegan options. We found a solution in the form of a salad with a serving of hummus, but the menu doesn't have a vegan dish. There are vegetarian options though. For the curious - the vegetarian patties and burger buns contain egg and milk, which is why the option isn't vegan. They are very nice and keep a list of ingredients, so checking the vegan options is easy!

Pros: Nice and helpful staff

Cons: Expensive, Not vegan friendly

one option - but a nice one - Edit

pretty cozy place in the centre of Aalborg with a pretty good vegetarian/vegan panini. Huge portion, kind of pricy, but as far as central places in Aalborg go - not bad.

Pros: central, nice staff, nice beer, large portion

Cons: expensive, only one vegan option

Nice atmosphere and good veggie option - Edit

This is a cozy restaurant in the center of Aalborg. They have a vegetarian 'panini' which has a duo of a vegetarian patty in it. Very interesting flavors and a great option for a vegetarian in a city where it's a bit hard to be a vegetarian!

Pros: cozy atmosphere, Veggie options!

Return to Aalborg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Luna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.