Cafe Loka

506-206-2239

343 York St, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, E3B 3P5

Serves meat, vegan options available. Could get vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free. Free Wi-Fi. Weekday kitchen closes 4pm. Open Mon-Wed 7:30am-5:00pm, Thu-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Emsiepie

Good food - Edit

Very good vegan food! Good portions too

Brownies and Buddies - Edit

Cafe Loka has always been a forerunner when it comes to healthy and speciality cuisine in Fredericton. Ever since it opened, they've offered vegan, gluten-free and clean-eating options to their patrons.
The location is intimate, and decorated in a way that is very welcoming to the hippie in me. Warm colors, chalkboard menus, and pour-your-own water!
There are only about 5 tables inside- but it's never been too packed when I go. I always find a place to sit.
It unfortunately is not wheelchair accessible- but I'm pretty sure that the staff here would carry you into the restaurant if you asked nicely.

One of the things that sets Cafe Loca apart from other places like it is the incredibly friendly staff.
They can make recommendations, and are always very accommodating when you explain your food allergies or preferences. When it came to recommending a dessert- the chef happily asked if I was vegan or gluten free. When I told him I was vegan he said "Gotta be the black bean brownie, then."

Boy was he right. That was the best vegan brownie I have ever had. HIGHLY recommend.
I also had some hummus and pita that was GREAT.
The person I went with ordered a meal with sausage and informed me that the sausage was some of the best he'd had.

We sat outside, and the chef brought the food right to our table, though we would've been happy to get it ourselves from him inside.

One major negative at this location is the parking. You have to be very cautious when you park your car in this area, because they're boot-happy and quick to tow. That's the only negative I can think of. The prices are great, the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, and the food is great.

Pros: Great food, Relaxed Atmosphere, Friendly Staff

Cons: Parking

Amazing Staff - Edit

Probably the nicest people I've ever interacted with work at Cafe Loka. Since I'm vegan and allergic to gluten and soy, I assumed I wasn't going to be able to get anything. The waiter was really nice, and ended up putting together this crazy good meal I wasn't expecting at all.

Pros: Friendliest staff ever, tasty food for everyone, good location

Super Good Breakfast - Edit

I went here for a meeting and I was looking for a place to replace Cedar Tree in my weekly breakfast excursions. I think I may have found it! I got the Vegan Your Morning, an interesting take on the tofu scramble with toast. The toast was amazing? Like I have never mentioned toast in a review before it was that good. The tofu scramble was different than I expected, but good! I also had a soy latte. The coffee wasn't as strong as I like it, but definitely delicious!

Well worth the walk from downtown too!

Pros: Good Food, Great Atmosphere, Comfy Seating

Cons: A Little Out Of The Way

Return to Fredericton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Loka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.