Cafe La Boheme

045-2277123

61-1 Yamashita-cho, Yamashita Bldg, B1, Yokohama, Japan, 231-0023

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian bistro chain whose menu indicates vegan options, including tofu salad and a few pasta dishes. At 神奈川県横浜市中区山下町61-1山下ビル B1F. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-1:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by mhoffbauer

Had a few vegan lunch options - Edit

I went for lunch and none of the lunch items were marked vegan, but according to the waitress, they can make the margherita pizza, pepperoncino pasta, or arrabiata pasta vegan, and you can also have a set with salad and bread (also vegan according to her). I chose the pepperoncino pasta set and also had a beer that I wasn't sure was vegan or not.

The salad and pasta tasted good, except that the garlic in the pasta was slightly overcooked and had a burnt flavor. I was pretty sure they use MSG when they make the pasta.

I didn't think it was the healthiest of places as I got a white bit of commercially made bread as well as regular seminola pasta, no whole grains at all. It's just a conventional restaurant with a couple of vegan options. I did think it would be a good place to go with large groups as they have a lot of seating.

I do like the atmosphere of the basement location for the restaurant- it isn't as cool as the Shibuya branch with the shallow pool in the basement, but still nice.

Overall I would go again if I was in the area and hungry.

Pros: The staff seemed to understand veganism, Nice atmosphere, Lots of seating

Cons: Not really very healthy food

Only one vegan option, but good - Edit

I went there today, the food was very good, they only had one explicitly vegan option (as far as I can tell), a tofu salad. The salad was very nice, it had avocado, olives, cucumber, quinoa, tomatoes, lettuce on top of sollen tofu and with a miso based dressing. There were more vegetarian options.

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe La Boheme closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.