Cafe Kieselstein

Contact 0331-6012377

Hegelallee 23, Potsdam, Germany, 14467

Close to Park Sanssouci, this is a resource for healthy veggie food, in a colourful and peaceful environment. Art exhibitions. Vegan options available (some on request). Mon-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, German

First Review by ira

Nice Food and Drinks for appropriate Prices - Edit

Today I visited that Cafe with my family. They had only vegan and vegetarian dishes. I assume they don't offer meat anymore. We had all a warm dish and some cake, coffee and tea. And we were all very satisfied.

What I liked very much was, that you could get a re-brew of your tea for 1€. The atmosphere was nice as well and the waiter was very friendly.

The prices are not cheap, but appropriate in my opinion.

I will surely go there again!

Pros: Comfy atmosphere , Yummy food

Cons: Not cheap

Ok food, bad service - Edit

I tried the vegan pie with salad but that was all, since the waiter ignored me while I was trying to ask him about other dishes. Would not go there again. For the price they charge, they should be a little polite.

Good biological food - Edit

It's a nice place to come for vegetarians and vegans. The selection is huge but could have been better vor vegans. I had a Falaffle Plate. It was good. The staff is friendly and the drinks are awesome (huge tea selection).

Mixed experiences - Edit

The atmosphere in Café Kieselstein is quite nice and the food is generally good. Sometimes, however, there are no vegan options or you catch the waiter in a bad mood so he/she does not want to ask the cook, if there is anything vegan.
They do non-vegetarian catering so the kitchen is probably not meat-free.

Pros: nice atmosphere

Good food in a good location, - Edit

... but it has limited opening hours and very limited vegan options. If you want to make sure you get something vegan, call a day or two in advance! At the moment, the restaurant closes at 5pm (winter), in summer it was open until 6/7pm. The atmosphere is very friendly and bright, with changing art pieces on the walls and a mixed audience. Nice treat when you had to take parents for a walk through Park Sanssouci :). Out of the daily menu, the soup (about 5 euros) is often vegan, but if you're late it might be sold out. There is also a yummy smoked tofu sandwich with horseradish that is vegan, for about 3.50 euros.

Pros: good location, healty cuisine, friendly atmosphere

Cons: limited vegan options, limited opening hours, sometimes slow service

Return to Potsdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Kieselstein closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1996 times since Sep 2009.