First Review by shineonyou

Awesome falafel - Edit

This place had great fresh falafel. We ordered the Pita falafel which is the smallest (and cheapest) option on the menu. It was small, we had to order a 2nd serving... which was then more than enough. To make it vegan we had to have the yogurt remove.

The place was in a lovely setting, it was in a small-ish courtyard along with other restaurants. The courtyard is covered in grape vines which closes the otherwise open roof.

Pros: Great falafel, Lovely setting

Cons: A bit on the pricey side

Awesome falafel is an unexpected spot - Edit

The falafel plate was really good- really fresh and crispy falafal. The falafel dishes are really your only option (I was informed that the other vegetarian dish is made with egg), but it's so well done, you wouldn't want to get anything else.

Often when traveling, subpar falafel is your only choice in a small place, and you're settling just so you don't starve. So I want to stress that this is falafel worth eating!

Let the staff know that you don't want the yogurt sauce, and they will substitute it for something else. The staff was really help when answering my questions and accommodating my diet.

Pros: Amazing, fresh falafel, Nice outdoor or indoor seating, Helpful staff

Return to Kerikeri Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Jerusalem closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 689 times since Aug 2007.