CLOSED: Cafe Izmir Mediterranean Tapas

214-505-5782

3200 E Airfield Dr, Terminal D, Grapevine, Texas, USA, 75261

Serves meat, vegan options available. The Dallas-Fort Worth airport branch of the this chain offers a handful of vegan items and marks them on the menu. Located in Terminal D, near gate D11. Reported closed, Oct 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by earthville

Made me sick - Not good - Edit

Decided to get something to eat while I waited for my airplane and I ended up here. The menu was not that vegan friendly. I tried to make it work but the waitress said that the hummus is not even vegan. Even the tahini for that matter. So I got the grilled veggies. They weren't even that flavorful, just oily. Towards the end of my fight I started to get sick. Eventually when I got home I was sick. I blame it on this place because it was the last time I had eaten and the staff overall didn't seem to care about your dietary choices. They probably didn't care they made your food either. Stay away.

Cons: Unpleasant experience/staff, Dairy in many side items, Very limited vegan options

has "vegan" on the menu but there are better options elsewhere - Edit

There are three vegan tapas on the menu -- grilled portabellas, sautéed veggies, and falafels. We had the first two. The portobellos were smallish and served on a couple lettuce leaves for decoration, not a salad. The sautéed veggies were mostly green and red peppers with a few mushrooms. Overall it was a disappointing meal. Service was good.

Pros: has the word vegan on the menu

Cons: vegan options are not meals

Best vegan-friendly option at DFW - Edit

Cafe Izmir is the only restaurant I've found at DFW that not only offers several vegan items but also clearly marks them on the menu (with a green "V"). There are at least seven such vegan items on the menu, providing a variety of choices for vegans that is otherwise rare at DFW. I enjoyed the eegra (a savory dip served with fresh flatbread).

If you're in Terminal D it's a no-brainer, and even if you aren't in Terminal D it's worth considering if you have a long layover, as the quality of the food is good and DFW's terminal link train makes it easy to hop terminals without having to go through security again.

Located just next to gate D11. Plenty of seating.

Pros: Very vegan friendly - labels vegan items on menu, tasty

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Grapevine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Izmir Mediterranean Tapas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.