Cafe Hangmattan at Musikens Hus

• Vegetarian
Contact 031121583

Djurgardsgatan 13 (at Karl Johansgatan), Gothenburg, Sweden, 414 62

Cafe, restaurant, bar, and music venue. Veg lunch buffet from 11:30-14:30 (weekdays only), help yourself to salad, soup, bread, and various hot dishes, plus tea/coffee. A la carte menu from 17:00 and on weekend.

Category: Lacto, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, European, Swedish

First Review by dagny70

Incredibly delicious - Edit

I travel to Gothenburg for work. I eat the majority of my meal here and have started staying in a nearby hotel to accommodate this. The buffet is delicious and fresh, the platter with the hummus, falafel, etc is my favorite and I tend to buy up all of the jam filled cookies. They even have Sam Adams, my home town beer (Let's go Red Sox!).

Pros: Inexpensive, Fresh, Casual

cozy and relaxed - Edit

Really nice buffet for a cheap prize! Sometimes they make a separate vegan warm dish so I was very satisfied.

Pros: low prize, friendly staff, cozy

Cons: simple food, buffetfood stays out long

Favorite lunch place in Gothenburg - Edit

My partner and I always come here for the all you can eat buffé when we visit Gothenburg. The food looks fresh and most of the cold food is actually vegan. It's a very cozy place with a good mix of people.

Great, satisfying lunch - Edit

We stumbled across this place on our recent trip to Gothenburg, as it was near our hotel, and what a great find it was. We went for the buffet lunch, 75 SEK (about £7.50) which included a varied and extensive salad bar, various breads, soup, and several hot dishes including lasagne, potato dauphinois, and a veg bake. Tea/coffee and water also included. It was a filling and hearty lunch and set us up nicely for an afternoon of sightseeing. Casual, relaxed vibe in the cafe, plenty of seating, and a mixed crowd from local office folk to families and us! There is also an a la carte menu in the evening, but unfortunately we never got a chance to try it out - next time!

Pros: Tasty food, Good price, Nice location

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Hangmattan at Musikens Hus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1758 times since Sep 2011.