Cafe Hangmattan at Musikens Hus

Contact 031121583

Djurgardsgatan 13 (at Karl Johansgatan), Gothenburg, Sweden, 414 62

Cafe, restaurant, bar, and music venue. Veg lunch buffet from 11:30-14:30 (weekdays only), help yourself to salad, soup, bread, and various hot dishes, plus tea/coffee. A la carte menu from 17:00 and on weekend. Open Mon-Tue 11:30am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Sat 11:30am-5:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, European, Swedish

First Review by dagny70

Incredibly delicious - Edit

I travel to Gothenburg for work. I eat the majority of my meal here and have started staying in a nearby hotel to accommodate this. The buffet is delicious and fresh, the platter with the hummus, falafel, etc is my favorite and I tend to buy up all of the jam filled cookies. They even have Sam Adams, my home town beer (Let's go Red Sox!).

Pros: Inexpensive, Fresh, Casual

cozy and relaxed - Edit

Really nice buffet for a cheap prize! Sometimes they make a separate vegan warm dish so I was very satisfied.

Pros: low prize, friendly staff, cozy

Cons: simple food, buffetfood stays out long

Favorite lunch place in Gothenburg - Edit

My partner and I always come here for the all you can eat buffé when we visit Gothenburg. The food looks fresh and most of the cold food is actually vegan. It's a very cozy place with a good mix of people.

Great, satisfying lunch - Edit

We stumbled across this place on our recent trip to Gothenburg, as it was near our hotel, and what a great find it was. We went for the buffet lunch, 75 SEK (about £7.50) which included a varied and extensive salad bar, various breads, soup, and several hot dishes including lasagne, potato dauphinois, and a veg bake. Tea/coffee and water also included. It was a filling and hearty lunch and set us up nicely for an afternoon of sightseeing. Casual, relaxed vibe in the cafe, plenty of seating, and a mixed crowd from local office folk to families and us! There is also an a la carte menu in the evening, but unfortunately we never got a chance to try it out - next time!

Pros: Tasty food, Good price, Nice location

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Hangmattan at Musikens Hus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2009 times.