Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Cafe Gratitude - DTLA

213-929-5580

300 S Santa Fe Ave (at downtown Arts District), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90013

Its 3rd LA location, opened Mar 2015. Trendy, raw food-focused restaurant. Vegan except for honey. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion, Honey

First Review by An-Magritt

TinaCheong

Contributions +250

14 Mar 2018

nothing but love - Edit

I love Cafe Gratitude! I’ve been here several times and their food and service never disappoints me. I’m just happy that they finally have multiple locations so I don’t have to drive farther for good food.

Pros: ambience , food, service

berndosz

Contributions +55

24 Feb 2018

overrated - Edit

Very expensive. Too loud. Food is good though. All in all we didnt enjoy it at all

Pros: delicious, big portion

Cons: expensive, super noisy + generic Background music

AlejandraRangel

Contributions +108

13 Nov 2017

awesome place and food - Edit

Loved the service food and atmosphere

Pros: service, food, dessert

Cons: a bit pricey

oshgili

Contributions +34

11 Sep 2017

Loved it - Edit

A bit fancy-looking from the outside, all and all a cool place.
To tell the truth we only had 3 dishes (just breakfast) but they were delicious.
Amazing French toast! Haven't eaten one in 20 years, great comeback. Just the right amount of everything, and not at all small.
We saw plates other people ordered and they sure looked good.

The service was great - the waiter was really nice, the food didn't take too long.

If I remember correctly, the menu was long and had a lot of options and different sort of dishes.

Pros: grear food, great service, clean and the food looks great

Cons: perhaps not the ceapest place, but worth the money

R-MV

Contributions +305

29 Aug 2017

Enjoyable!!! - Edit

The food here is so good. The atmosphere is amazing. The staff in particular our waitress was super friendly and nice. I love the concept of the restaurant. You start your order with "I Am"...then the name of the food you want. I definitely want to come back.

Pros: The food is amazing , Nice concept for the restaurant , Positive vibes

Cons: You have to pay for parking

manasmind31

Contributions +27

26 Aug 2017

every tasty morsel! - Edit

You will pay $20 for a very tasty good meal

Pros: you can park next to the restaurant if there's roo

MonnieChaCha

Contributions +18

09 Aug 2017

amazing - Edit

I had the breakfast burrito, nachos and cinnamon roll it all was amazing I'm definitely going to try and make them at home! A little pricey but totally worth it!

VeggieVegVeg

Contributions +97

20 Jun 2017

Glad I finally tried awesome Cafe Gratitude! - Edit

I finally tried Cafe Gratitude, and am glad I did. 100% vegan organic. Here's what I tried...

From the Happy Hour Menu (served 7 days a week from 3 to 6 PM and the Menu is on their website)

Appetizers

Glorious - Blackened Tempeh Caesar Wrap

Desert
Chocolate Cake w Coconut Ice Cream

Service:
Excellent. From the front desk to the wait staff to the servers, everyone had a friendly vibe.

Decor:
This place is very pleasant, clean, upscale casual, stylish. Fun, positive atmosphere. Not too loud, plenty of indoor and outdoor seating.

Food:
The food rocked. Everything was fresh, well prepared, great presentation, tasty. Standout was the Sharing Nachos.

Price:
I think the prices are reasonable for the decor, service, food, and atmosphere. I'd object to the prices if the whole experience weren't so pleasant. They really put a lot of attention into how this restaurant is managed, and it shows - - in a good way.

Parking:
Safe, secure 2 hour parking with validation. $2 every 15 minutes after that, but hey, two hours is plenty of time to eat, right?

Overall Impression:
I'm vegan, and have heard of this place for years, and am glad I finally at here. I would come back. I think all vegans should welcome and patronize this restaurant. The servers were friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, didn't try to oversell, and just had a good, overall, positive vibe. The food was awesome. Love that the Happy Hour is 7 days a week from 3 to 6 pm -- yes, even on the weekend! Way cool, and a great selection, on the Happy Hour and regular menu.

There are so many great vegan restaurants in LA and this is definitely one of them.

Pantervich

Contributions +71

02 Nov 2016

amazing, great new menu - Edit

New plates to die for!
The quinoa Pasta is out of control
Amazing veggie smoothie with Jalapeño!

Pros: great food, great drinks , location

Cons: cashew cheese lacks flavour

Skully

Contributions +58

14 Sep 2016

Interesting concept, delicious food, good service - Edit

Went here today with 2 friends, The ordering concept was interesting and gave us a nice surprise. Our server was also great and to top it off, everything we ordered was delicious (smoothies, juice, entrees and mains). Would go back to try more. It is a bit pricey but I think worth it.

Pros: fresh, nice servers, delicious and wholesome food.

Cons: a bit pricey but worth it

Hungwy

Contributions +165

19 Feb 2016

service not really - Edit

Nice place. Food comparable to the other locations. Servers are difficult, condescending, and superior. Even though young enough to be my grandchildren. If you have the slightest special needs with your food, don't tell them about it here.

veganzinga

Contributions +113

25 Dec 2015

One great dish - Edit

I love the concept. I didn't necessarily feel the positive vibes as I walked into the restaurant, but the means of ordering did spark a great conversation between me and my dining partner. I got the samosa which was excellent, but our main dishes weren't anything to write home about.

Sonja and Dirk

Contributions +5794

15 Jul 2015

nice new location - Edit

I came for lunch with a friend last Saturday and we had the option of the regular menu or brunch. I went with the Caesar tempeh wrap and added roasted yams as a side. My friend got the French toast with coconut bacon and kale. She especially loved her dish. The wrap was excellent as well. We both ordered coffees, a latte and an iced coffee. The service was attentive and friendly. The entire location is new, crisp, modern and clean. A very pleasant atmosphere. There's also a free parking lot right outside. It seems perfect except for the occasional use of honey as with all the CG locations. I just wish they'd be all vegan already.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: serves honey

kenvegan

Contributions +8206

12 Jul 2015

Positive Vibe, Delicious Wholesome Food - Edit

I love the vibe of Cafe Gratitude. The help staff is always so positive, and positive messages are written all over the restaurant. The decor exudes a sense of peace.

I ordered the Gratitude Bowl. The dish is very simple, but flavorful and very wholesome.

Remember that this is not a vegan restaurant, and there is some honey in some of the dishes.

Pros: Food, Decor

An-Magritt

Contributions +26

09 Apr 2015

I love this place! - Edit

We had an amazing time here today. The cafe is only two weeks old, so everything was super fresh and clean, and the staff were so friendly. We had the burger and a indian curry bowl, chocolate milkshake, a juice and iced coffee. Everything was delicious! The chocolate milkshake was the best one i have ever tasted, a must-try! :-)

Thank you Café Gratitude!❤️

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Gratitude - DTLA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.