CLOSED: Cafe Gratitude - Cupertino

• Vegetarian

Contact 415-814-1364

20955 Stevens Creek Blvd (at N Stelling), Cupertino, California, USA, 95014

Located inside Whole Foods. Food is mostly vegan and raw, with honey in some items - just ask. This is part of the Cafe Gratitude abundance concept restaurants that first originated in San Francisco. See website for other locations. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Take-out

First Review by nightbloomers

A Bay Area Favorite - Edit

I am delighted to find Cafe Gratitude in the South Bay. I love being able to come here and not deal with the parking hassles in San Francisco, the large communal tables, and the extremely slow flakey service there.

I've been to this Cafe Gratitude several times and have found the staff friendly and helpful. Here's my thoughts on some of the food:

* I am Trusting - This delicious tamale with black beans and cole slaw is one of my favorites so far. A friend loved it also as well as a woman at another table.

* I am Graceful - This Indian Biryani of rice and/or quinoa, seasonal vegetables, and cashews in a coconut curry sauce is their best selling entree. I can see why. Delicious to both the palate and the eye.

* Caesar Salad - Delicious but skimpy with the dressing. The best totally raw Caesar salad I've had is at the Living Light Culinary School cafe in Fort Bragg, CA. This one is second.

*I am Magnificent - Raw chocolate mousse. The name does not lie--absolutely magnificent! The best vegan chocolate mousse I've ever had, and I've had a lot.

*Chocolate mint pie - This looks delicious, but is basically a creamy minty dessert with a small amount of chocolate. Not worth the calories IMO, unless you're really into mint.

* I am Cool minty chocolate shake - I was expecting a chocolate mint shake--a chocolate base with mint flavoring. Instead I got the opposite--a mint drink with gritty cacao nibs that clog up the straw but impart little chocolate flavor to the drink. Not worth the calories unless you're seriously into mint. Note - they only serve large sizes of drinks at this Cafe Gratitude, and this shake is almost $10.

* Lemon Meringue Pie - It looks beautiful, but has a dense texture and tastes a bit lemon, but nothing like a lemon meringue pie. Not worth the calories.

I'm not thrilled about all their offerings, but there's enough delicious food here for me to highly recommend this restaurant. One of my favorites in the Bay Area.

Pros: Mostly delicious offerings, Organic, many raw offerings, Friendly helpful staff

Cons: Very Expensive

I am grateful! - Edit

There aren't a lot of vegan options in the south bay, so I was very excited to find out that Cafe Gratitude opened a location in Cupertino. I tried a milkshake, a banana cream pie slice, and tacos. They were all very delicious. The cashew sour cream is awesome! For some reason they have honey in like one of their items (a drink!), so I can't say they are totally vegan, even though everything else is.. I stopped by on a Saturday afternoon, and sadly they were not busy. I will keep coming here until I try virtually everything! Highly recommended!

Pros: Vegan, Raw, Healthy

Return to Cupertino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe Gratitude - Cupertino closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 106 times since Feb 2010.