Cafe Fresh

• Veg-friendly
Contact 801-404-5545

500 S State St, Orem, Utah, USA, 84058

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe is located inside Good Earth Natural Foods and has its own entrance. Menu includes many vegetarian options and can make vegan upon request: wraps, salads, sandwiches, smoothies, rice bowls, fresh juices, queso.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by kayceebassett

"No Cheese" Should Mean No Cheese - Edit

I do like that they use Vegenaise on their wrap. I did not like that they put the cheese in that I requested they omit. Didn't much want to return for a repeat experience.

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

I think that there are only two things on the menú that is vegan. I order vegetarian for my husband but I dont usually try to make special requests to have cheese taken off of everything. I do get the vegan cookies though.

Pros: Price, Vegenaise, Cookies

Cons: Cheese, Meat

Better when it was Junkies - Edit

A little piece of me died when Fresh Fruit Junkies turned into Cafe Fresh. The menu got much smaller with what seems like less good veg options. The service is always terrible and a really long wait. The staff is a handful of kids (probably under 18) who aren't very attentive at all. The only real good thing about this place is they have some of the best vegan cookies in the county. The pumpkin chocolate chip is my personal favorite, but they have a few other great ones. I would def recommend you stop in for a quick dessert.

Pros: Great Vegan Cookies, Convient Location

Cons: Poor Service, Not Many Veg Options

Decent - Edit

Cafe Fresh is decent, but like the other reviewers say--it's pretty unpredictable. Their veggie wraps can be really good or really bad depending not the day and who makes it--once I even got a piece of turkey in my wrap! Gross. But they have a good selection of healthy vegan options including at least one dessert option.

Also, they are REALLY slow and get really bogged down during lunch. Not a great place to go if you're in a hurry.

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Healthy food, Dessert

Cons: Unpredictable, Slow service, Meat contamination?

I think it's great! - Edit

I work nearby, so I go there quite often. I really like the variety of the foods, and they are always fresh. The staff will always take the time to explain the menu to me, and even if there is a crowd, they will work fast to get my food to me as soon as possible. I'm really glad there's a place like this around, where I know I can get quality food for a good price.

Pros: quality food, clean, good value

Terrific Healthy Food! Great for anyone! - Edit

Whether you are a vegan or you love meat, this is a great healthy place to eat. Cafe Fresh has plenty of healthy choices, and my favorites are the salads and wraps. There are, of course, plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options. You have to check this place out!

Pros: healthy, affordable, plenty of options

Cons: staff sometimes

Unpredictable. - Edit

The employees at Cafe Fresh are more often than not very apathetic and aren't helpful or friendly at all. The food also varies. One week you get a really good wrap with fresh veggies and a good portion size but the next its all stale and you get portions fit for a two year old. You never know what kind of service you'll get here. It's worth it on a good day. Problem is you never know when that is.

Pros: Creative Menu Items, Water pitchers and cups readily available., Yummy cookies.

Cons: Execution of the actual meal is disappointing, Unfriendly staff, Meager portion sizes

Dirty - Edit

Cafe Fresh has ok food, but they are very dirty. They use the same rags to wipe their garbage cans, sandwich prep area and tables. They also have very rude staff. I got up to grab a napkin and the employee there threw my sandwich away. I confronted them about it saying I wasn't done and wanted a new sandwich. The girl refused. I called the owner and he said, "What do you expect, I pay them minimum wage." I never got my sandwich. Haven't been there since.

Their food is very average and plain for how expensive it is. Just veggie sandwiches with Vegenaise for almost $10.

Pros: Fresh, Large Portions

Cons: Dirty, Unfriendly Staff

Return to Orem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Fresh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1371 times since Sep 2008.