Cafe Fino

972-931-9500

7522 Campbell Rd Ste 108 (at Coit), Dallas, Texas, USA, 75248

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kosher dairy restaurant, serves fish in addition to a mainly lacto menu. No beef or chicken. Menu is New York style pizza with dairy and soy-based veggie-meats, calzone, wraps, pasta, and more. Not catering for vegans.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by loranac

Im vegan and they gave me fish!!!!!! - Edit

IF YOU ARE VEGAN, DON'T GO HERE!!!!! A couple of weeks ago I was traveling and decided to stop and eat here. First, I should add that it took us nearly 1 hour and 20 minutes to get there from downtown Dallas. We got there an hour before they closed and the first thing that I noticed, was that there was not even a single soul inside. Which was weird considering the rating they have. Anyways, we walk up to the blonde woman behind the counter and I asked her, if any of the burgers were vegan. She gave me a "vegan menu" while explaining that they triple check that everything on that menu is vegan. I ordered to go the vegan chicken burger because its was the only vegan burger. They took around 20 minutes to make a single burger and they were three of them. The blonde woman, another guy in his twenties and a mexican looking guy.

Once we got back to the hotel, I took the first bite and BAM!! f***** fish. It was FISH!!! I grabbed my phone and call the freaking restaurant. First call and nothing, so I called again. The blonde woman answered. I explained her what they gave me and she contradicted herself. She first said that they don't sell fish (which is a lie, if you look at the menu) and then she said that the fish is cook separately from everything else. She kept denying it was fish. In the menu they don't list any vegan fish. So it was real fish. But how did said the fish got there?
I got sick. I don't know if any of you have gotten sick while traveling, its completely misery.
But wait, after all of this happened. I did a little research and it turns out that there is a very similar review on yelp, to mine. Im extremely disgusted with all of them and the restaurant itself. They should either get fired or close the restaurant all together.

Cons: everything

Food was really good - Edit

My boyfriend and I both tried the "meat" lovers calzone which had soy beef and soy chicken with all the normal veggies. We both really enjoyed it. However, the one thing I will add is that it's rather expensive. It is actually kosher food so, I am assuming the price is reflecting that fact. All and all though, we will definately be going back because the price was worth it!

Pros: good food, kosher, friendly staff

Cons: price

Okay... - Edit

The food was good; but not remarkable. They were out of hummus which I thought was a bid odd. French fries were delicious. My friend said her salmon was "fishy" tasting. Portions were huge! I will try it again through.

Pros: clean, fast , friendly

Cons: atmosphere

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Fino closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.