Cafe Evergreen

Contact 941-412-4334

801 S Tamiami Trail, Nokomis, Florida, USA, 34275

Serves meat, vegan options available. All food is organic. Vegan choices include appetizers, wraps, sandwiches, a burger, kelp noodle stir-fry and butternut squash ravioli. An organic produce stand is located at the rear of the building. Also offers organic juices, smoothies, beer and wine. Lunch and dinner is served Mon-Sun 11am-9pm. Juice/coffee bar open Mon-Sun 9am-9pm. Breakfast is available Sat-Sun 8-11am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by stuff4norm

Healthy surfer's paradise of goodness - Edit

Classy health conscience restaurant with vegan options. The menu has an array of juices, and healthy shots. The owner is vegan, and very friendly. The Vegan Beet Reuben sandwich is perfection. I also ordered the roasted cauliflower, and gluten free/vegan blueberry muffin. I will definitely go back for more.

Pros: Clean and filled with locals. They have a bar with

Tasty! Lot's of variety. - Edit

While staying in Venice with a friend we decided to grab a quick meal and found this little gem. We were greeted by a very friendly wait staff, fresh, whole food, and presented with many choices. The menu was clearly marked for vegetarian and vegans dishes... and all the food was freshly prepared with special attention paid to selecting fresh ingredients. Did I also mention that they have a juice bar too? (There is a separate beverage menu) I had a black bean burger with hummus spread and a side of slaw that had a very tasty vinegar base. My friend opted for the vegan beet rueben. Feeling satisfied, we are then offered a choice of vegan desserts in little shot glasses.
Pumpkin and chocolate mousse we're our choices. Gotta tell you, we were blown away by how good those were! The restaurant, food quality, and experience were all top notch! Sure we'll be back. We have to come back so we can try everything we missed on this trip. Hope you enjoy Cafe Evergreen as much as we did.

Pros: Lot's of choices, Easy parking behind cafe , Vegan desserts

Loved It - Edit

First time visiting the area and we were looking for vegan friendly places for dinner. Found this gem & loved it. The black bean burger is amazing. The owner was super nice & asked us our thoughts on the food before we left, and shes vegan!

Pros: Vegan Options, Taste, Customer Service

Cons: Pricey Drinks

Meh - Edit

This place is realllly heavy on the meat. I got the beet ruben, the one labeled vegan item and was really underwhelmed. I would not go back here.

Pros: atmosphere, location

Cons: taste, prices, mostly meat

AMAZING food, but there is one problem I had... - Edit

My first visit was with some family members to celebrate my birthday, and I was very glad that everyone was eating healthy for once!
The complimentary edamame was popular around the two tables, and it was fun to explain and exchange different methods of opening the pods, why the seasoning was o the outside, etc.
The table got three appetizers, roasted cauliflower, the hummus plate, and the cheesy quinoa cakes. Everyone loved the cheesy quinoa cakes and roasted cauliflower, but the one that I tasted (the hummus) left me a little dissapointed. The hummus was okay, just not the best.
For the entrees, I have to mention the most ranted about:
Salmon Burger
Turkey Melt
Butternut Squash Ravioli
Macaroni and Cheese
and the apparently amazing sweet potato fries

I got the eggplant wrap, it was a little too oily for my tastes, as I stick to a diet with no salt or oil, but great otherwise.

My second visit was alone with my father, starting off with a salad (lettuce mix, carrots, and tomato). He also got one, and ordered it specifically with no onions because of a digestive disorder. When his came, there were onions on it,and we had to send it back.
He ordered the Butternut Squash Florentine while I ordered a bowl of the borscht. There was no problems with his dinner, which was the special of the night, but when my borscht came out there was a bit of a shock.
Why exactly, did my soup, which was labeled vegan on the menu, have a big dollop of sour cream on top?
I felt bad flagging down the waitress once again, but I don't like non-dairy sour cream so I asked to get one with out. She told me that it was normal sour cream.
Sour cream with dairy, on top of my /vegan/ soup?
There was also a slice of bread on the side, but I am not a bread person. Lucky for me, considering it had egg.
Honestly, I love this restaurant a lot. The next round of borscht was amazing, and the food is fresh and good. I get that they are still a little new, but this is definelty something to work on. Hope that somebody there sees this review, because I want to take a couple of my friends here and want to make sure my friend who is trying to transition into veganism and is lactose intollerant can safely go here.

Pros: Lovely staff, Healthy and delicious, fresh food!, Free edamame

Cons: Sour cream in vegan soup., Unnecessary onions , Not that fond of some items,can be oily

Nice meal! - Edit

Fantastic wild salmon served with a great brown rice side and a complimentary edamame appetizer.

Decor is very nice and the staff was more than friendly.

Would highly recommend a visit!

Pros: Great food

Cons: Slow to refill water

Return to Nokomis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Evergreen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.