Cafe Eclectic

• ( 9 reviews )

603 N McLean Blvd (at Midtown), Memphis, Tennessee, USA, 38107

Serves meat, vegan options available. Laid back cafe with a few vegan items and will make other dishes vegan upon request. At weekend brunch you could substitute tofu for scrambled eggs and veggie sausage for other meat. Black-owned. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Brie651

kaodjs1

Points +44

20 Aug 2021

Best vegan pancakes EVER!

My family enjoyed the best vegan pancakes we have ever had (by far) at the Harbor Town Square location of Eclectic Cafe. The pancakes are topped with fresh berries and a “granola” that reminded me more of chopped praline nuts and was just delicious. They also had oat, soy and (I think) almond milks and could make lattes with any of those. The vegan breakfast sausage and hash browned potatoes (a mix of white and sweet potatoes) as sides were also great! Crispy, tender and not greasy. I don’t usually notice coffee quality, but it seemed particularly good as well. This was the best vegan breakfast we’ve ever had in 10 years of veganism. Not sure why there’s not more Happy Cow reviews!

nanitree

Points +687

21 Mar 2021

Tasty and hit the spot

We grabbed food at Eclectic cafe after seeing the reviews here. We needed a quick 10am bite while on a road trip. We ordered online and went with the vegan version of Rachel’s breakfast wrap.
We stopped inside to pick up our food. The place was happening. Lots of diners outside and some inside (all being in line with covid guidelines) and lots of cool options for cafe drinks on the wall-displayed menu. Our food was packed I two small white paper boxes and labeled in a plastic bag.
The food was hot and hit the spot! The tofu scramble wrap probably could have used something green in it— spinach or kale. I wonder if they could add that next time! It was salty- probably part of why it was so savory.
Hoping they can add more vegan options to their online ordering for next time we come through!

LoganMelton

Points +508

25 Aug 2020

Great Tofu Scramble Wrap

I went here a couple of months ago so I can't guarantee my review to still hold true. That being said, when I was in Memphis this was the first place we went, straight from the airport. The tofu scramble wrap was so good we came back!

Pros: Great tofu scramble, Variety of vegan options, Reasonably priced

Cons: Not all vegan

elliegabriel

Points +21

Vegetarian
03 Mar 2020

Great food!

Great bean wrap and fries.

Pros: Lots of veggie and vegan options, Reasonable price , Friendly staff

jesseC

Points +16

01 Mar 2020

Great option when your party includes vegans and non-vegans

Delicious food in an eclectic setting. Great option if your party includes vegans and non-vegans.

breej

Points +22

03 Jan 2020

Very tasty!

Cafe Eclectic was really good. I was not expecting it but the tofu breakfast burrito is amazing. Wasn’t very expensive. I got both the pancakes & burrito for about $18. Will definitely go again!

Pros: Good vegan options, including waffles & pancakes , Tofu breakfast scramble burrito is delicious , Price wasn’t bad

Cons: Needs more vegan options

Aly&Sean

Points +308

26 Mar 2019

Vegan waffles & tofu scramble, no vegan butter or meat substitutes

There didn't seem to be many options for vegan breakfast in Memphis, but this place had vegan waffles, pancakes, and tofu scramble so we gave it a try. Our server seemed a bit confused about what was vegan or not. The pancakes and waffles were labeled vegan so we knew we were at least safe with those. He also suggested veggie sausage, but then said they made it with egg, so there's really no vegan meat substitutes here. We had a tofu scramble breakfast burrito which was delicious with salsa, a vegan waffle, and hash browns which he assured us were cooked in oil, not butter. Everything was good, just wish they had vegan butter for waffles.😒

Pros: vegan waffles & pancakes, tofu scramble breakfast burrito

Cons: no vegan butter, no vegan meat subs, limited options

Raesock

Points +606

06 Jan 2014

Pretty good

We stopped in for Sunday brunch. They have a separate brunch menu, which didn't include the tofu scrambles or the vegan pancakes that are on the regular breakfast menu, but when I asked they were happy to make them. I had the vegan pancakes and an earl grey with almond milk. My husband had the same with the veggie sausage added. He liked that, I thought it was kind of soggy. I like my veggie sausage crisp on the outside. There weren't tons of options, but it was nice to get something for breakfast at a restaurant other than oatmeal.
Next time in town we'll go back to try lunch. They had some vegan blueberry pie that looks great!
Vegetarians, there were TONS of vegetarian options on the menu, all clearly marked. And even a separate vegetarian specials board.

Pros: vegan pancakes, caters to vegetarians, great service

Cons: serves meat, not lots of vegan options

Brie651

Points +31

25 Jun 2012

Pretty Good!

My family and I have been Vegans for almost a whole year now and, living in Memphis, TN; we did not expect to find many places with veg options. But, we have been surprised and this little place was a nice addition to our options. The place was quaint and sweet and they served us out meal. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of options that were available for the Veg community, but better than nothing. I got the tofu wrap and a 'cute' salad. the salad was FANTASTIC and the wrap would have been better if we'd been told it would be SO spicy. I also had a Soy Chai Tea Latte which was delicious, but they charged us for our soymilk which i did not appreciate. Overall it was a good experience and I probably will make a stop there with my family again in the future. :)

Pros: Veg Options, Soy Milk Available, Nice Atmosphere

Cons: Lack of Options, Charges for Soy Milk

Return to Memphis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Eclectic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.