Cafe Du Soleil

Contact 604-254-1145

1393 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5l 3X5

Created by two moms and is a family-run operation, this cafe switched back and forth from veg to non-veg and is reported all-veg again as of 2015. Offers vegan baked goods that are mostly gluten-free, and a menu with items like tofu scramble with split beans or potatoes.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Bakery, Canadian

First Review by lifeofaveggie

Best tofu scramble I've eaten! :D - Edit

Amazing tofu scramble from this place! Just remember to ask to make it vegan if you are, otherwise they will probably serve it with a split english muffin with butter. They will switch it with vegan toast and they have earth balance (vegan butter). Some other vegan add-ons such as the sausage which was pretty good and the vegan baked goods are okay). Big portions for a cheap price!
Very nice, friendly, family-run service. Highly recommended to vegetarians and non veggie people for breakfast and brunch :)
Hopefully, there will be more vegan options in the future.

Pros: Excellent Tofu Scramble, Great value!, Lovely staff

Cons: Not too many vegan options

Best Value in the City! - Edit

What more could you ask for??
Great breakfast menu on until the afternoon.
Super cheap lunchtime eats.
Play area for the kids to hang out.
Live music and great entertainment at night.
It is a self-service kind of place, where you order at the counter and (hopefully) clean off your table when your done. It really feels like a great community place.

Pros: Cheap Food, Local Beers, Live Music

"Eggs in the Hole" - Edit

I picked Cafe Du Soleil (C.D.S.) for breakfast. This was cute typical veg place (of all the ones I visit) as far as the ambiance. I really liked the service and they had a lot of menu items to choose from.

I was feeling pretty regular so I orderded the eggs in the hole breakfast with toast and potato's. When my food arrived I had forgotten that I ordered eggs and didn't see them on the plate, but upon looking closer the eggs where inside of the middle of the bread sunnyside up. I had never seen this before. It was delicous and very unique...goes to show, not every place is as it seems. The rest of the food was also very tasty.

Kudos to C.D.S., this is another fabulous place I will go back to visit.

Again with the warm water...hmmm lol

Pros: Location, Service, Food

Cons: Warm water :-)

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Du Soleil closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2782 times since Apr 2008.