Cafe Douce

( 1 review )

Kanagawa-ken, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi, Hakone, Japan, 250-0407

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe with one vegetarian curry, availble on its own or as part of a set menu, and is served with an accompanying salad: both are vegan. Other curries are not vegan - ask owner for assistance. At 箱根町二ノ平1143-42. Open Mon 8:00am-6:00pm, Wed-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CFBL

Simple cafe with veg and vegan options - Edit

Small very simple place with a strange menu including naan pizzas, “hamburger soup”, “spaghetti with ketchup” and curry and rice.

There is a vegetarian curry and rice as well as a meat option. I don’t speak japanese, but asked if it was vegetarian with no meat stock etc in english and the owner said it was. When it arrived it looked much darker than my husbands meat curry and rice so I don’t think it was from the same stock. The curry contained soy mince and some small bits of carrot and onion. It was fine, tasty enough.

The interior of the cafe is not great - not a place for lingering - but friendly owners and a couple of vegan options on the menu, so I can’t complain!

I think there were 2 vegan options - curry rice or spaghetti with tomato sauce (rather than ketchup, I assume) and also omelette for veggies if you eat eggs.

We only went here because Kappei Sushi nearby was closed at 1pm as ‘the rice had sold out’.

Return to Hakone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Douce closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.