Domali Cafe

+44-20-87680096

38 Westow St, Crystal Palace, South East London, England, SE19 3DF

Serves meat, vegan options available. Established since 1996, this small cafe has a family friendly atmosphere with artwork on display and for sale. Cocktails and alcohol from 11am. NOTE: Oct 2017 reported reduced veg options - please send updates. Open Mon-Sun 9:30am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by MeloncholySparrow

Not as good as it used to be - Edit

This used to be a great place for vegan food but since their refurbishment they have reduced their vegan offering and now serve meat as well, which makes it less appealing for me to visit. Such a shame! I miss the vegan BLT sandwich especially!

Pros: good vegan chocolate cake, nice garden

Cons: small range of vegan items

Good choices - Edit

Domali had always been one of my favourite cafes, it used to be pescetarian. When they refurbished and reopened with meat on the menu I was obviously disappointed, but there are still a few great choices on the menu for vegans. I really like the Buddha Bowl, the Tofu Stirfry, the Toastie, and the Vegan Burger. But I really wish they would bring back the Vegetable Samosas!!!

Pros: Tasty and fresh. Friendly staff.

Cons: The carrot cake isn't vegan

Awesome vegan food - Edit

Amazing vegan chocolate cake. Amazing vegan burger.. with vegan cheese .. lush! Go here!!

Pros: Good vegan food

Cons: Nice atmosphere

Just OK - Edit

I am grateful that there is somewhere in Crystal Place that has vegan food. Prices are reasonable too. The vegan burrito bowl that my friend had looked great although my vegan burger could have had more in it than just a portobello mushroom and sauce. Fries were also a bit lame. The veganaise is good though. It's a good option if you're in the area although I certainly would not make a special effort for it. The outside seating is nice if it's a warm day.

Domali - great food, great atmosphere, busy! - Edit

Fantastic selection of veggie food, much of which can be made vegan on request. Portions are generous and food is generally delicious (this is a regular for us so I've tried a lot of the menu).
Great atmosphere, and the staff are usually very friendly, but at peak times it is very busy, and there isn't much space to wait for a table.
Best to go before the lunch hour crush, as it stays busy until mid afternoon.

Pros: Quality of food, Portion sizes, Affordable

Cons: Slightly crowded

Relaxed Meal Out - Edit

I visited a friend in Crystal Palace who was aware that I am Vegan so she suggested we go to Domali.
It was a lovely relaxed Café with plenty of Veggie options. There were only a few Vegan options but that was ok as I am used to that, though they had run out of Vegan Mayo so the waitress suggested we use the Vegan chutney which was great.

From memory the bill wasn't too pricey, the ambience was relaxed and happy.

Refreshing Restaurant/Cafe - Edit

Wonderful gem in Crystal Palace. With great outdoor seating area, happy hour, and lovely cocktails and breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Me and my partner in food crime had:

Vegetable Samosas with homemade chilli jam £5.50

They were filled with beautiful vegetables and spices wrapped in a the chilli had hints of ginger.

Nacho’s- tortilla chips with tomato, red onion and coriander salsa with jalapeño chilli, melted cheddar and creme fraiche £5.90

I get this dish a lot, seems to be the english safety vege option, and usually its disgusting, this, on the other mouth was amazing! Very light tortilla chips a moderate mild cheese melting and the salsa (made up of coriander, tomato and red onion) didn't seep into the chips making them soggy which is a common mistake.

Thick Chips with Garlic mayo or Chilli sauce £3.50 *chips are available from 11am*

These chips tasted fresh and the garlic mayonnaise which is tough to get right (garlic sauce at kebab shops or hellmans mayo is the standard in most establishments)

we also had one of the 6 or 7 mouth watering specials
Pie Minister Heidi Pie: A goat’s Cheese, sweet potato, spinach and shallot pastry pie. Served with Mashed potatoes and onion gravy £9.90

This pie was unbelievably hearty, the gravy wasn't really floating my potato, but it appealed to my friend. Im not a huge goats cheese fan however, it really worked and wasn't too overpowering.

Lastly, we had a mouthwateringly delicious dessert.

£3.95 (from memory) chocolate and raspberry fudge tart that was exceedingly creamy and surprisingly dainty. With berries and cream. I was worried I wouldn't consume it all due to eating so many dishes but felt like licking the plate!

The meal came to £40 and that was with two Happy hour cocktails as well. Incredible value for money considering its location in the newly 'trendy' Crystal Palace triangle and the quality of the entire experience.

I would recommend this place without hesitation and I will definitely be going back to try other things.

Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great specials, healthy portion sizes

Return to South East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Domali Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.