Cafe Diem

Av Gola d'Estany 2, Santa Margarita, Spain, 17480

Serves meat, vegan options available. A must go place for vegan food in a very non vegan area of Spain. Owned by two English ladies. The chef knows her work very well, so it is not only vegan, but healthy vegan food. Offers vegan salads and sandwiches on the regular menu and also has daily specials like vegan burgers and no guilt muffins (sugar and gluten free). Coffee specialties include the golden latte (coffee, soy milk, turmeric, cinnamon). Has live jazz on Fridays (including menu specials).

Categories: American, International, European, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by veganjazztraveller

Delicious Vegan Food - Edit

If I could give Cafe Diem 5 stars then I would. The owners are so happy and friendly. Everything is home made and delicious. We went to their curry afternoon and it was so yummy! The vegan options were better than some vegan restaurants offer 😊

Pros: Vegan options , Homemade, Friendly owners

Charmingly Beautiful - Edit

A charming little cafe just off of the beach. The hosts are two lovely ladies who make one very relaxed and welcome as a vegan, especially in such a carnivorous area of Spain.
The food is restaurant quality, with the relaxed atmosphere that comes with a seaside cafe, prepared fresh to order and plenty of Vegan options among a varied menu including tapas, burgers, paninis and salads. Massive portions, we were stuffed when we left!
Had a wonderful lentil burger with fried onions, houmous and avocado, as well as a banana and date muffin that made me cry. Non vegan options were also brill according to the fam - we had such a good time that we've booked a table at their weekly jazz show on Friday evening, and the chef has promised to make sure there's a vegan brownie on the menu just for us!
Twas an all round good experience, definitely a must if in the neighbourhood. Oli x

Pros: Great quality fresh food, Large portions, There was a cute dog asleep in the corner

Cons: A bit out of the way from the town centre , (but well worth the trip)

homemade food from polite English Ladies. Vegan enough for my wife, egg and bacon enough for me. - Edit

A big fat portion of chocolate brownie caught my eye while Maša opted for the peach muffin (vegan). The choice of food gives you plenty of variety for all dietary needs but is more café than restaurant (but a good café at that). Breakfast comes mainly in the form of freshly baked pastries with squeezed juice or a decent selection of organic teas and coffee, including golden coffee (milk/soya milk with turmeric and cinnamon [coffee as well I'm guessing]).

With a mix of tapas, paninis, sandwiches, salads but supplemented by specials such as fresh Tuna or roast pork, but you don't want to hear about that (but your friend or partner might).

The decor is light, modern but with homely touches and it's definitely one to try while you're in the area.

Friday nights they have live jazz and I've been warned that it's advisable to book.

Pros: homemade cakes and food, nice decor, run by 2 sweet English Ladies.

Cons: not in the best location regarding surroundings as

are you vegan or vegetarian at costa brava? go there! - Edit

Being in the Roses area in Spain as a vegan couple usually means you have to cook for yourself or look very hard for good restaurants. Nevertheless we wanted to go out for lunch and I found this place through tripadvisor. There was one review about some vegan possibilities, so we checked it out.
And now we have been there many times, because most of all we love the atmosphere and the two lovely english ladies made us feel very welcome.
But this app is about good food so please enjoy these pictures of the things we have had during our last visits.
The chef knows her stuff and we were amazed about the taste of everything we were served.
Good ingredients and creative high quality cooking!
Best thing: they asked us to call ahead of time before our next visit, so they could prepare special vegan stuff for us. Can it get any better?
I highly recommend going there and checking the place out. They have great jazz music on Fridays, too, which is the only day they open for dinner, too.
Otherwise breakfast, lunch and coffee time is what you should come here for.
Happy Cow only allows 4 stars for non-veg restaurants, but the vegan food we had would deserve 5!!!
As you might guess: I love this place.

Pros: healthy creative extremely tasty vegan possibiliti, lovely owners, live music on fridays

Return to Santa Margarita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Diem closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.