Cafe Clock

Contact 00212535637855

7 Derb el Magana, Talaa Kbira, Fes, Morocco,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in the medina of Fes in a nice building. Friendly wait staff. Many choices for vegans. Wi-fi. Atmosphere is a blend of tourists and local Moroccan youth. Special events such as cooking school, concerts, calligraphy classes, and movie night.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Moroccan, Non-veg

First Review by emzie1983

Nice location, not so much for vegans.... - Edit

We went here in October 2013, so I'm pretty late with my reviews!! Plus I wasn't strictly vegan when I went (but vegetarian). I was here with my meat eating boyfriend, who found the non-veg options interesting and tasty.

I had the mezze platter which I think is mostly vegan-lots of olives, salad, hummus etc. For vegetarians, there is a lot more variety than for vegans.

The price is reasonable, but probably on the expensive side for Fes/Morocco. Huge outdoor roof terrace which makes it worth visiting too!

Pros: Lovely setting, Nice atmosphere, Good menu, but not so much for vegans

Cons: Expensive compared to other places, Not much for vegans

Great view from roof terrace with good food - Edit

This café has a European vibe. There are a lot of vegetarian dishes on the menu, but if you're a vegan or lactose-intolerant it's not that easy.
The roof-terrace is one of the most beautiful of Fes. The staff is very friendly and willing to help and explain the dishes. The cheesecake is a real treat (not vegan) if you like your cheesecake a little tart.
The prices are not like the other restaurants in Fes, but are more expensive. So if you're looking for a budget meal, this isn't the place. For me it was worth the price.

Pros: Big roof terrace with lots of space, Right in the medina, Good desserts

Cons: A little bit hard to find, Not very suiteble for vegans

great location - Edit

in the oldtown located the cafe clock is a house with terraces and rooftop which is worth to see.
i liked my food, my partner not. it was special in taste. the juice was nice but almost everywhere in morocco you find fresh fruit juice for a few pennys, that was the best thing in morocco!

Pros: great location

Cons: almost european prices

nice atmosphere, limited for vegans - Edit

Cafe clock has a really nice atmosphere, especially if you sit on the roof terasse. As noted before, there are several nice vegetarian dishes (falafel, mezzes, burger, etc.) but few vegan options. The staff is very knowledgable about the dishes and the ingredients, so it's easy to figure something out. I had the moroccan mezze made vegan by subbing the cheese with hummus. Careful, the falafel are not vegan. The portions are ok sized but i expected more from the nice sounding menu. I fou d the taste to be only average and it's slightly overpriced with 50-90 dh per dish. I'd still recommend it for the nice vibe and something different to eat.
Note: they make their own (very very) sweet almond milk, so i asked for a coffee with this and it was really nice. More like a dessert than a coffrr due to the sweetness and creaminess, but still nice.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 03, 2012

Pros: wonderful atmosphere, nice staff, nice change in menu

Cons: limited vegan choices, more expensive than surrounding places, ok food

Not great for vegans - Edit

This restaurant has a nice space and serves food similar to good cafes in Europe and the US. Possibly a nice break if you're tired of vegetable tagine and cous cous! There are lots of vegetarian options. However, they don't understand veganism. We went twice and both times got served food with cheese or yogurt in it, despite long conversations about what we vegans don't eat. Disappointing. It's a pity because it's a nice venue.

Pros: Nice venue, Vegetarian options

Cons: Don't cater well for vegans

Return to Fes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Clock closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1319 times since Feb 2012.