Cafe Cambio

418-549-7830

405 Racine Est, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada, G7H 1S8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu features many coffee drinks in addition to other beverages, some salads, tapas, and sandwiches (has veggie burgers - vegans to ask). Its mission is promote fair trade certified products, regional products, and affordable healthy meals, all in an inviting atmosphere conducive to the trade and cultural diffusion.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by The Hosser

Would be my go-to coffee place! - Edit

I loved it, except that for sure, most of the menu was vegeterian with mayo, a LOT of cheese as the main item (for example, in sandwiches, etc.) but excellent coffee and I loved their core values (fair-trade, organic). The laid-back, hipster/granola atmosphere was certainly a big plus. I liked my meal but felt it was not at all healthy, which made me sad and less satisfied.

Pros: Cheap prices, Great atmosphere, Hip clientele

Cons: Not that healthy (wraps are made of puff pastry..), Slow service, Small-ish portions

Great food in a difficult town for veg - Edit

We were looking for a place in town and couldn't find anywhere to fit what we wanted. We were in our car to leave when we looked on happycow and happily discovered this place literally right across the street. The food is great, vegetarian with a few fish and meat selections. They have a great selection of veggie burgers, which were excellent, very good vegetarian chili and great sandwiches. People in Quebec love their cheese and are a bit confounded by people who don't eat it, but they can make things vegan on request, just watch out for the mayo. They have great microbrews and fair trade coffee, and a great selection of teas. The atmosphere is typical independent cafe, casual and fun, mismatched furniture, live music and people playing chess, working on laptops, etc. we loved it so much we ate there twice during out stay in the town.

Pros: Vegetarian friendly, Microbrews, Friendly staff

Cons: cheese in lots of dishes

Return to Chicoutimi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Cambio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.