Cafe C

352-377-7433

424 NW 8th Ave, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe with an eclectic atmosphere. Offers buffet and menu with veg choices; uses egg and dairy. Staff knows the ingredients and can accommodate special requests. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by potatocake

Not vegan friendly - Edit

I went in thinking this place must have a good vegan salad. I grabbed a menu and couldn't find anything without cheese on it. I am allergic to dairy so this wasn't going to work for me. The girl at the counter saw me looking at the menu and asked if I needed help. I asked her if they had a vegan menu item and she replied "we don't have anything vegan here". Obviously one of the few vegetarian salads could have been made vegan if they held the cheese but I wasn't going to chance it after her comment. My fiancé has ate here a few times during business meetings and he orders a spinach salad with strawberries minus the feta. He asked the manager about adding a vegan salad and the manager claimed that vegan food was just too expensive. My fiancé was literally just asking him to put one salad on the menu that didn't have cheese in it so that those with a dairy allergy don't always have to say hold the cheese.

If you are a vegetarian this restaurant will be okay for you. Not a ton of options but you can enjoy a cheesy salad and veggie cheese sandwich. Not a great place for those who have dairy allergy or abstain from eating dairy. Won't be eating here myself because of how unhelpful the management and staff are regarding dairy allergy.

Pros: Cute building, Offers lunch

Cons: Not one vegan item on menu, MGMT and staff not accommodating for dairy allergy

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe C closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.