Cafe Bliss

Contact 250-590-5733

556 Pandora Ave, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V8W 1N7

Victoria raw food restaurant cafe serving daily lunch specials, juices, superfood smoothies, energy elixirs, and desserts. Vegan except for honey. Counter service and bar stools with tables and chairs.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by cutecarrot

Nice but pricey - Edit

It's a nice juice bar and raw food restaurant. All the ingredients and organic, seasonal, with no wheat or gluten, vegetarian, local or fair trade.
I had the raw pizza which was delicious but pricey and not very filling.

Cons: Pricey

Delicious Food And Drinks! - Edit

I really love the flavors they use here and always feel so great eating raw. I'm really excited to have somewhere awesome to go to get some tasty hot beverages for the winter!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Flavorful

Cons: Can Be Expensive

Incredible Food - Less Incredible Servers - Edit

I absolutely loved Cafe Bliss' food when I visited - especially the desserts. I was only in town for a few days, but ate there several times. The pizza and tomato soup absolutely blew me away, as did the desserts.

Pros: Amazing Food, Incredible Desserts

Cons: Not 100% Raw, Rude Servers

Phenomenal Mostly Raw Food - Edit

The raw falafel and raw Reuben were amazing! The desserts were great, too! They do use some honey, but purely vegan otherwise.

Pros: Great Food, Great Service, Vegan Cheesecake!

Cons: Limited Seating

Great juices - Edit

I had the most amazing juice from Cafe Bliss - I forget what it was, but I added a wheatgrass shot and it still tasted awesome :) I love that they serve their juice in mason jars, and you can either bring your own or pay them a deposit for the jar. Smart! I'm always tempted by their delicious-looking desserts...

Pros: delicious, great location, super-healthy options

Cons: a bit pricey

Lovely spot! - Edit

I travel to Victoria for work and happy to have Cafe Bliss few block away from the office. I enjoy their flavors and variety. Every visit I would eat in and enjoy the atmosphere but pick up good food for dinner when I am back at the hotel or a snack for the morning. Great staff as well!

Pros: Clean, Always Fresh, Friendly staff

raw food- fresh and perfect - Edit

I have been a raw foodist for over a year. Every year I order my birthday cake from Cafe Bliss.
It's always a treat to have lunch there. My daughter love their cereals. Smoothies are delicious. It is the best place in Victoria for a raw foodist.

Pros: friendly, healthy, fresh

Cute Cafe, Great Food! :) - Edit

Me and my mom were downtown today and I've been wanting to try Cafe Bliss for awhile.... We drove by and I thought I stop there for lunch. I ordered their baja cracker plate and I hot chocolate ... Also a peanut butter jungle cup and a banana chocolate cake slice to go. The cracker plate was very good!!! Especially the cashew macadamia sour cream!! The hot chocolate was okay... not the greatest i've ever had. I tried the deserts when i got home, the banana chocolate cake was pretty good, and the peanut butter cup was good too. I would have like to of tried more ... it all looked so good! But it's really expensive. The 4 things I got were $30, plus the tip! I'm not on a raw food diet ... but I am a vegan. I'm not happy that they use honey ... But I thought It was a really cute cafe, and the food was yummy. I will definitely be back for more!

Pros: Vegan, Good Food!

Cons: Uses Honey, Expensive

Sensational! - Edit

We stumbled upon this cafe while walking around in Victoria. The food was sensational, especially the Avocado Shitaki Mushroom rolls! We highly recommend this restaurant! Please do yourself a favor by order that amazing roll!

Pros: Good quality food, Location, Price

Cons: N/A

Good for a snack - Edit

Located right in downtown Victoria, so good for anyone visiting because you can walk here. We stopped by and had the Vesuvius Cracker Plate. The sprouted crackers were really good, the olive tapenade was very strong, but tasty. It was definitely just a snack. I'm a vegan and there were't a lot of options here as far as actually having a meal. Also, they use honey in a lot of their foods. When I asked, they said they switched back to honey because of all the controversy about agave being really bad for you. I was hoping for a better atmosphere-the server ignored us for a while even though we were standing at the counter. I was still glad to have this option. I'd prefer to give it a 3.5 if that was an option-it was good, but not "very good".

Pros: Snacks

Cons: Not meal-sized food, Honey

delicious food - Edit

The only Vegan Raw/Living Foods eatery in town. Delicious soups, multiseed Bliss crackers, Bliss butter. The Portabello Pizza was tasty: bits of red onion and red pepper, mushroom pieces, spinach, drizzled with cashew creme. Excellent salads and juices. Truffles, cheezecake and Bliss Bars (like Nanaimo Bars) are expensive but scrumptious.

Pros: vegan, raw, delicious

Cons: expensive, too few tables

great for raw vegans, not the best ever for lfrv's - Edit

AWESOME gourmet raw food, but for me the heavy, fatty, salty foods that are often found in raw restaurants make me feel sick. Remembering how much I loved it, I went in after going low fat raw vegan and found that the options just simply weren't there. The goal for lfrv's is to find calorie dense food (mainly fruit) so if you are a lfrv, this may not be the best place for you to go, I would stick to a fruit market :) but if you are loving the high fat, addicting, salty raw food THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE! :) ...the pizza is FAB!

Pizza - Edit

I'm vegan but not raw. Over the years I have been to quite a few raw restaurants and enjoy the "cuisine". A few days ago I had lunch at Bliss and wish I had gone sooner than my last day in Victoria. I ordered the pizza. Tomato sauce was awesome, cracker was the perfect thickness and didn't break. I took home a big bag of their raw granola and am enjoying it. Owner is used to non-raw clientele and able to walk you through the menu. Great experience.

Pros: fresh ingredients, location, staff

Cons: menu limited

Best salad ever - Edit

Best salad I've eaten in my 35 years on the earth. Amazing food, great selection and a friendly staff. Simple decor but the food will warm your soul. A must for vegans in Victoria.

Pros: Super food, Friendly staff

This was an amazing place to eat! - Edit

This was my first raw bar, so I was a little skeptical. Wow, what an experience. I had a slice of pizza with the side salad. The pizza crust was amazingly crunchy and the toppings were all fresh and full of flavor. My partner ordered the Grace from the juice menu and she really enjoyed the flavors of the ginger, carrot, and apple. A great combination. She also had the Bliss Salad with Bliss Dressing and we shared the Mediterranean cracker plate. The almond hummus was the best part of the visit for me. It had a wonderful fresh taste and the crackers have inspired me to try and prepare more raw dishes at home.

Pros: Creative menu, Colorful, bright presentation, Great selection of juices

Cons: Small dining area, Could have been cleaner

Quaint and yummy - Edit

I went here for breakfast and had their sprouted buckwheat granola, and a BC Alive! (apple, pear, ginger, and honey) smoothie. The restaurant is 100% raw, and mostly vegan with the exception of honey and bee pollen which can be easily left out of things, if you so choose. They also make almond mylk in house, and serve it with their granola. It's a little pricey, but worth it, in my opinion. It was a great breakfast, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Pros: delicious, healhty, filling

Yummy dessert - Edit

Just visiting Victoria for 2 weeks. I'm about 90% raw food and 10% vegan / vegetarian / seafood.

I had RAW chocolate cake there one afternoon. Not cheap but when you consider the quality (organic raw ingredients) and it is indeed the best raw dessert I've ever had!

Haven't tried their salad yet. The staff was very friendly. Genuine little place. While I was sitting there having my afternoon snack and reading a book, there were quite a few people walking in just to check out the menu (written on a big chalk board on the wall), and left. I guess they probably look for some 'comfort food' and not salad type dishes and fresh juices. So I wonder how well their business is doing. I wish them the best of luck.

Pros: Tasty raw dessert, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Cons: No raw burgers / pizza

Return to Victoria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Bliss closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6606 times since Sep 2008.