Atma

Contact 07847208179

10 South, 9 Church St, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 1BG

Re-open Oct 2015 after move from 40 Crwys Rd. Hare Krishna run veggie food cafe. Serves chapati wraps, vegan cheesecakes, and street food. Has Wi-Fi. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:30am-4:00pm. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Western, Take-out

First Review by julianne

lovely little gem - Edit

lots of vegan options. the atma burger is the best burger in town. portions are huge. the interior is a bit sparse and not like their previous cafe. but the food is absolutely delicious. staff are wonderful and always happy to help. great to have a vegetarian place in the town centre!

Pros: vegan food, big portions, delicious

Wonderful people and food! - Edit

I live in Cardiff and this lovely cafe has lit up a corner of Cardiff for me. If you fancy delishious food and a warm easy-going atmosphere I could not recomend it more!

Pros: Lovely staff, Tasty food, It offers more than just food

lovely! - Edit

The staff here are so kind and lovely to talk to. The food was good and serves quickly, just what you need when you're hungry and on the go. The restaurant is large but cosy with Hare Krishna books for sale and yoga/meditation.

Nice Burger - Edit

We had the Vegan Babu Burger, Chips and Noodels. I liked the burger patty it's quite nice. The chips were good too. I did not like the noodels. It seemed to lack flavour.

The cafe is spacious and cosy.

Pros: Vegan Options, Spacious and Cozy for a Café

Cons: Had dairy products

Tasty and simple - Edit

Branded as 'street food', this is a very central venue. I was served quickly, and I think all, or nearly all, the main meals were vegan. The menu was: curry, noodles, burger, veg skewers, quesadillas (sp?), dahl etc. Plus a selection of cakes. The carrot cake was vegan and yummy.

You can eat in or take away. My own small issue is that even if you eat in the food is served on (compostable) single-use trays and cutlery. What's wrong with plates, or the lovely stainless steel that other HK places use? Probably more environmentally friendly than throw-away stuff.

Pros: Range, Tasty, Central Cardiff

Cons: Throw-away trays

Fantastic! - Edit

I've only been once so far, but I'm in love and will definitely be back! They have a good rage of vegan food available and it's all delicious!

It's right next to a bus stop on a busy road, so it's easy to get to.

Pros: Excellent food & great value, Friendly staff & lovely vibe, Easily accessible

My favourite place! - Edit

I cannot recommend Cafe Atma highly enough.
All dishes are vegetarian with no egg, and almost all can be made vegan.
Really good value for money too.
Best veggie burgers around!

Pros: Lovely staff, Wonderful dishes, Low cost

I love this place :) - Edit

Cafe Atma is great - the atmosphere is lovely and cosy and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. The food and the cakes are delicious and their coffee is amazing - as good as Starbucks/Costa. They do all the different kinds (not just filter coffee) and have soy milk of course.
Most of their cakes are vegan and I believe all of their meals have a vegan option.
It's my favorite place for coffee/cake and for vegan food in Cardiff.

Pros: Inexpensive, Great food and coffee, Great staff

Cons: Location isn't central, Can be cold by the doors in winter

Veggie and vegan paradise - Edit

I've had two meals in Cafe Atma and they were both fabulous! The staff are really friendly and there is a lovely atmosphere. They are open Monday to Saturdays and have meditation and other activities in the evenings. It's a great place to meet like-minded people.

Best veggie burger ever! - Edit

I've been eating veggie burgers for 20 years now and sadly I've had some of the meat variety before that, but these top them all. Scrumptious, moist, delicious!

We had the Atma meal, the veggie burger meal and I could not resist and had some cake. We polished it off. We had no plans to come back to Cardiff any time soon, but we will now, just to stop by Atma again to have something to eat.

The opening hours have changed though. From the top of my head it's 11:00 - 20:00.

Pros: Brilliant food, Ever so friendly, Good price

very zen!!! - Edit

Cafe Atma is really cute and well designed. I had the indian wrap and then a cheescake and some cookies and hot chocolate. I was hungry!! They were all really great and cheap too. I really recommend this place. There is internet and the staff are friendly, helpful and let you chill!!

Pros: food, decor, atmosphere

Cons: opening hours

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Atma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5399 times since Aug 2010.