Cafe Arriba

• Veg-friendly
Contact 01478-611830

Quay Brae, Portree, Isle Of Skye, Scotland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lively atmosphere. Food made from local organic products, with many veggie and vegan options. Also organic fair trade coffee. Call ahead for seasonal opening hours.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by

nice café - Edit

We only took a soy latte and cappuccino with soymilk here because they did not have any vegan treats but the coffee tasted very good. The surface of the table feld greasy and I did not find the staff very friendly. They told that with lunch they have vegan choices but that card was not yet on the table only the breakfast menu with a vegetarian breakfast on it.

Pros: good coffee with soy milk

Cons: greasy surfaces

Nice place, limited vegan options - Edit

I went there for dinner. Unfortunately, that day they only had one vegan main dish (which was a curry, so not very original since you can find an Indian restaurant nearly everywhere in the UK). They were actually very sorry about this and said they usually have more options. Anyway, the curry was good, so I left well feed and content.

excellent veg-friendly cafe - Edit

while in the isle of skye for a few days i went to arriba twice. both dishes i had were excellent. they serve non-veggie food as well so it's good if you go with a meat eating friend. it has a nice relaxing atmosphere and very friendly staff. i was happy i found a place where they had somethings i could eat in a tiny town.

Fabulous place - Edit

I found Skye a fairly vegan-friendly place to visit in general. There are no marked vegan options on the menu in Cafe Arriba although the waitress was patient and seemed to know what was and wasn't suitable. The place does serve meat and fish, which was a bit smelly if you're affected by that sort of thing, but I'd definitely recommend this place for vegans visiting Skye. I'm actually quite sad I can't transport it down to Glasgow - it would do well here.

Pros: Tasty food, Fabulous decor, Cosy

Cons: Fishy smell, Small

Excellent - Edit

Visited two during a holiday on Skye, once at lunchtime and then another evening. On both occasions the choice for vegetarians was excellent. The cafe is very popular and it is recommended that you book a table for the evening meal. If you get a table at the back you will also get views over Portree Bay

Pros: Choice

Very Accommodating - Edit

My fiance and I ate at the Cafe Arriba on the Isle of Skye last May and although they didn't have any vegan options available when we were there, they made us both a special vegan meal which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were quite impressed with their willingness to accommodate us. They didn't just give us a bland veggie sandwich or something like many places would have, they gave us a plate with vegan chili, a lovely salad and a delicious fritter of some kind that was sweet and a nice surprise. I would recommend this restaurant to vegetarians, vegans and just the generally health-conscious. It's a cool little place and very popular so be prepared to wait for a table at peak times.

Pros: Very Accommodating, Good food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: busy and a little crowded

Cafe Arriba portree Isl e of Skye - Edit

Excellent food well served at super prices. Just happened on the Cafe Arriba but what a good find. Would reccomend it to anybody

Return to Isle Of Skye Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Arriba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1960 times since Aug 2007.