Cabra Natural Foods and Bar

Contact +359 2 8468687

Oborishte 18, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1504

Serves meat, vegan options available. This restaurant is located in the center of the capital. English spoken and on the menu. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-10:00pm, Fri 9:00am-10:30pm, Sat 10:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by fonsdelnooz

plenty vegan options - Edit

This is a fair sized place with outdoor seating, the staff are friendly and speak good English, there are a lot of vegan options and the food is good. I think a lot of the menu is vegetarian but they do serve meat.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: serves meat

Love this place! - Edit

If you enjoy healthy food then this is a great option in Sofia. There are plenty of vegan/vegetarian options on the menu and everything is delicious. I've eaten there many times and never been disappointed.

In summer you can sit outside and watch the world go by. Otherwise there are plenty of tables in the cosy interior.

They have English menus. The owner is a lovely young guy who speaks great English and who is nearly always there. I think their other staff all speak English too.

Pros: Great food, Friendly Staff, Convenient location

The flavors are amazing! - Edit

My spouse and I ate here last night after flipping through Happy Cow and we were not disappointed. My spouse is not a vegetarian, yet he ordered the vegan quinoa. I ordered the risotto and I couldn't have been happier. The flavors were amazing and the presentation was outstanding. My spouse kept saying that he finally understood what good food was after eating here. We also ordered a piece of their homemade rye bread (which was also good).

The entire menu is not veg or vegan yet the vegan options are starred and there is plenty to choose from if you do not eat meat (they also serve dishes with meat). We both got cappuccinos and we were given raw sugar and cinnamon to accompany them (the cinnamon gave it a good "kick").

We decided to order dessert and they had two choices so we ordered one of each. I got the raspberry cheesecake - which was whipped and fluffy and oh so tasty. Everything is homemade there - so the crust was some chocolate creation that was out of this world. My spouse got the vegan option which I forgot the name yet they used fresh squeezed orange juice, some kind of chocolate and maybe nuts? It was a mousse and was delicious.

They also have their own signature wines and my spouse got a glass that was probably the best wine he's had since we've been in Bulgaria. You can not buy this in stores, yet if they have bottles in stock, you can purchase one from them. Sadly, they'd sold out of the bottle and it will be two weeks before they get more.

I loved the bottle/artistic piece they have hanging from the ceiling and there are several tables downstairs and some upstairs as well. They have English menus and they also speak English. Very friendly, inviting and a cozy little place.

I highly recommend this place. We will probably go back before we leave Sofia to find out what other desserts they might have on another day. Overall - amazing flavors and yummy veg/vegan food.

Pros: yummy, flavorful food, friendly people , cozy atmosphere

Cons: out of their signature wine to purchase, they don't have a location in Los Angele

Cosy & Tasty - Edit

Located in the most cultural area of Sofia,just few blocks away from the University and the National Bibliotheque,this small and cosy place, offers good range of vegan food.
About one third of the menu is vegan.
Some vegetarian meals can be vegan too.
I would definitely recommend this place.
Especially, if you'll stay only few days in Sofia.
It worth your money!

Pros: Good service, Nice atmosphere, Good location

Cons: Serves meat and fish

Great Restaurant - Edit

Very nice interior, vegan friendly menu and very nice, helpful and English speaking personnel. Worth visiting.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 21, 2013

Pros: Vegan friendly menu , Personnel

great food at cabra natural foods and bar - Edit

If you like to eat beautiful vegetarian food in Sofia then this surely is a good place to be! To specify: everything we have had tasted really good; was a wonderful combination; was made of good and healthy ingredients - the way food should be! The place has a fine ambience. Nice music. Good coffee.
The server serves with enthusiasm for what he serves. This is our first day here in Bulgaria and I must say: this is the first person I meet who looks happy. So I can recommend this restaurant with my heart.
One last positive remark: the server speaks american very well.
Negative aspects: sorry - there is none.

Pros: great food, fully vegetarian, nice people

Cons: none

Return to Sofia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cabra Natural Foods and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2018 times since Jul 2011.