Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort

• Friend
  • B&B B&B
Contact 866-929-2585

Cabot Shores, St Anns Bay (at 10km north of Englishtown), Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada,

A 55-acre private sanctuary with breathtaking views, a 2007-foot ocean beachfront, a lakefront on Church Pond, waterfall fed Indian Brook, and all modern conveniences. Offers various types of comfortable accommodation (chalets, lodge, yurts, domes, tipi, treehouse) plus a bistro specializing in vegetarian and vegan fare using fresh, wild, and local ingredients.

First Review by lolaphilly

Not so Vegan friendly anymore - Edit

We decided to stay here because of the reviews from happy cow, but i didn't realize how old they were. Cabot Shores advertises as being vegan friendly, but their servers didn't know the difference between vegan and vegetarian.
I would not go back. it was very disappointing. Thankfully I was able to get vegan food at local restaurants nearby.

Pros: Beautiful Setting, Local beer on tap

Cons: Vegan food hard to find, Staff didn't know what vegan is, Advertise as having vegan options, but don't

Wonderful vegetarian and vegan options! - Edit

My wife, my colleague and I recently had a wonderful vegetarian dinner at Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort. The owners, Paul and Barbara, were super friendly and the food was extremely good. We highly recommend to anyone visiting Cape Breton Island to visit their excellent Bistro.

Pros: Very vegetarian and vegan friendly, Hosts are very friendly, Location is beautiful!

Soul Food with a Healthy Twist - Edit

I made my way up to Cabot Shores in the cold months of January, and the food was a highlight. Prior to my visit, owners Paul and Barbara asked me over the phone what my dietary preferences were, which I thought was very kind. Yes, I do fall into that "pick eater" web, where wheat sensitivity and fish-only ways rule. But such specifics were welcomed with open arms. How unusual!

Barbara is a lovely Swiss woman who pumps out creative, delicious dishes- every meal was an "ah-ha" moment. The cream of cauliflower cheddar cheese bisque? I still dream about it at night. From build-your-own veggie tacos (homemade bean pastes, a buffet of interesting ingredients, and an array of fabulous sauces) to breaded haddock cakes, wheat-free pasta + yummy meat-free sauce, and things like
black walnut shortbread or pumpkin cookies for dessert? It was appetizer, main, dessert, and full-out service.

The food is made with heart, as fresh, local ingredients are used as much as possible. I found out that in the warmer months, Cabot Shores grows all their own veggies and herbs in a garden outside. How lovely. Above all, the hospitality was out of this world. In a spot so relaxed and with no fronts, I enjoyed real, wholesome meals that were absolutely their own cuisine. It seems like Barbara has an inner sense, and I like that. The food is healthy, hearty, creative and delicious. I implore anyone (vegetarian or nay) to stop by Cabot Shores the next time you're in Cape Breton! Bon Appetite.

Pros: healthy, homemade , inventive

Return to Cape Breton Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2038 times since Feb 2011.