Caballo Lounge

+44-1179309971

11 High St, Epsom, England, KT19 8DA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nationwide chain cafe-bar offering a separate vegan menu - ask for it. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Vaillequevaille

Great Vegan Options - Edit

3 friends and I went to Caballo following a round of crazy golf! They have a great selection of drinks available, and do weekly quizzes from the sounds of it, and have a few games which you can play (we played Jenga on our table (yes, we're big kids!!). There's a separate vegan menu, which is great, but you may have to ask for it (some of the vegan options appear to be on the main menu, but aren't clearly labelled).

We shared 3 tapas dishes, which were hummus, guac, and patatas bravas, served with bread, to start-very tasty, and I wouldn't be disappointed just having those to myself if I wanted something light to eat.

For my main, I had the burrito wrap with fries. It was very nice, but fairly spicy, and the chips were quite salty, but it was a nice treat.

They have a couple of vegan cakes for dessert, but unfortunately, they'd sold out that morning, so we didn't get to try those, which was very disappointing (not that I had room for much more, but it's nice to finish with something sweet!).

All in all, we had a great evening, and I look forward to returning if I'm in the area again.

Pros: Lots of tasty vegan options, Main dishes can be customised with toppings/sauces, Separate vegan menu

Cons: Can sell out of vegan options-worth pre-ordering!

Whole vegan menu & great drinks - Edit

At Caballo there is a whole vegan menu and the food from it is actually pretty good.

Great place for drinks too, although it's quite common the service for food is really slow. Can get super busy in here at times, so I feel like they are just in need of more staff.

I would suggest going here if you're having drinks and a relaxed meal/snacks with friends, because honestly at the moment I think it's the best place for a vegan dinner in Epsom.

Pros: Whole vegan menu, Good drinks

Cons: Slow service

Full separate vegan menu - ask staff - Edit

I've just moved into the area and unfortunately Happy Cow's green flags are thin on the ground here. I was drawn to Caballo Lounge due to their prominent and varied vegan menu. I wish the food lived up to the effort they make promoting vegan, vegetarian and GF good. I had the veggie burger and the patty was heavily fried and the bun not particularly fresh or warmed up. Unfortunately there were only 1-2 pieces of the other ingredients. The side coleslaw was okay. Overwhelmingly a really disappointing experience with food barely better than a fast food option.

The staff were very friendly, place had a good atmosphere and plenty of seating. Probably a better place to meet some omni friends for drinks with a vegan snack to soak up the cheap booze.

Pros: Decent-sized, well labelled vegan and GF menu, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, good for a few drinks

Cons: Disappointing food quality , Venue needs a clean

Return to Epsom Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caballo Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.