CLOSED: Byblos

( 1 review )

8-10 Amelia St, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 7GS

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lebanese restaurant with some vegetarian dishes e.g. hommous, falafel, puree aubergine, salads, deep fried cauliflower, stuffed vine leaves, halloumi, Lebanese bread and rice. Confirmed closed Sep 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CiaraSlevin

Delicious casual dining - Edit

Really enjoyed my first visit to Byblos Lebanese restaurant last night. It's a refreshing change from the norm and it was lovely to dine on such fresh, healthy, tasty food after the overindulgence of Christmas.

The restaurant itself is nothing fancy but is casual, relaxed and clean with delightful service, good prices and currently no corkage charge for BYOB.

I was with a couple of friends and we ordered three starters of Hommous, Baba Ganouje (puréed roast aubergine with tahini, lemon juice and garlic) and chargrilled Halloumi on salad. These came with Lebanese bread and all tasted delicious and flavoursome.

All three of us had the Falafel main which was served with more beautiful Lebanese bread, salad and a fresh, tangy sauce. We finished by sharing a dessert of super sweet, fabulous Baklava (okay that's a lie - I ate all the Baklava myself!). Overall a scrumptious meal which we throughly enjoyed.

We were amused to pass Byblos later on, as we saw they had removed the tables, closed off half the restaurant and were operating as a late night takeaway. We had to resist the temptation to pop in again and order even more delicious dishes!

Would highly recommend Byblos for a relaxed, delicious dining experience. I will definitely return and can see this place become a regular eatery for me.

Pros: Large range of vegetarian starters, Some vegetarian mains, Small restaurant so could probably do vegan dishes

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Byblos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.