First Review by smithintaiwan

Nice Traditional Korean Resturant - Edit

I had dinner here with a friend and we really enjoyed it. From the set menu I tried the 콩나물밥 (Soybean Sprout Bibimbap)and my friend had some kind of potato soup, but I don't remember the name. If I visit again I will order the potato soup, it was amazing! If you are looking for a western style restaurant that caters to foreigners with English menus and English speaking staff then this is not the place for you. However if you enjoy traditional Korean restaurants,food, and tea I would defiantly recommend this place.

Pros: Simple Menu, Traditinal Korean Ambiance

Beautiful little veg restaurant - Edit

It was a real surprise to find this beautiful little restaurant in Yiksan. My friends from Wonkwang University took us there for dinner, but they didn't even know it was completely vegetarian until we asked which meals were veg. The restaurant is simply referred to as a "traditional" restaurant.
The building is a relatively newly constructed Hanok-style house with plenty of wood and (I think) no Western-style seating. Of course, if you're in Yiksan, you're probably used to Korean food and seating already.
The servings were not especially large, but each was carefully prepared and offered flavors surprisingly different from most Korean restaurants. And great value. You certainly wouldn't find such a good meal in Seoul for W10,000.

Pros: great food, beautiful building, relatively inexpensive

Cons: no English menu, only Korean sitting

Return to Iksan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Byal Hua closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 629 times since Jul 2014.