Bushbaby

Contact 718-636-5336

1197 Fulton St, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11216

Serves meat, vegan options available. This coffee house has a small food menu that includes vegan baked goods and wraps. Try the vegan Moroccan chicken wrap and sweet potato fries. Call for hours, and let happycow know!

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by CheetahSquid

two thumbs down - Edit

I never usually feel compelled to write a negative review as I'm not a vindictive person, but my experience at bushbaby was so dreadful, I thought I should let you know.

Service was inconceivably slow, considering there were only about 10 people in the place. Took over 10 minutes to place an order, a further 15 minutes to get the coffee and a further 25 minutes to get my food, which was awful. Scrambled eggs, possibly the easiest thing to make on the planet, were cold and overcooked. The toast was just plain white bread - nothing special there. And I thought I'd try the vegan bacon - disgusting!!!

Overall rating - 1/10

Cons: food, service, seating

Incredible. - Edit

I loved this cafe from the moment I walked in. The organic elements in the design (dark woods, earth-toned walls) took me away from the grey, rainy Brooklyn outside. The menu, though small, offered options for most diets (I don't know how many dishes were gluten-free), from strict vegan to kosher to general omnivore. Having seen recommendations for the Moroccan chicken--which can be prepared with either halal chicken or a soy substitute--I ordered the Moroccan chicken salad, served on a bed of spinach and fresh tomatoes. I very rarely order salads because they generally don't satisfy my appetite, but I can safely say that this was possibly the best salad I have had in years. Four hours later, I am still full. Additionally, their croissants were delicious and paired well with the iced coffee I ordered. The tea selection is admirable and quite extensive, to say the least.

I will absolutely be visiting this establishment again the next time I visit Brooklyn.

Pros: Serves many diets, Delicious food, Great decor

Cons: Temperature fluxuations

Uh-mazing - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants. Small but delicious vegan brunch menu. The portions are also pretty large. The atmosphere and music are perfect, as is the wait staff. Sometimes service is a little slow, but plan for it. It's the kind of place you want to hang out in anyway. And! After you're done eating you can grab a vegan pastry for the ride home.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bushbaby closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1441 times since Feb 2008.