Busboys and Poets - Shirlington

703-379-9756

4251 S Campbell Ave, Arlington, Virginia, USA, 22206

Serves meat, vegan options available. Its second location, opened in Aug 2007. Offers many vegan choices, marked on the menu, including vegan brunch eggs and egg wrap, soy yogurt and granola (for brunch), vegan pizza and calzone, quesadilla, falafel, hummus, portabello sandwich, veggie burger, PB & banana sandwich, baked tofu cake, vegan dessert. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-12:00am, Sat 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 8:00am-11:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by childchr

One of my DC area favorites! - Edit

Busboys and Poets has long been one of my favorite DC region places to go with friends who are omnivores and/or from out-of-town. I've been to multiple locations and had a good experience every time. This past week I had Saturday night dinner with omnivore friends at the Shirlington location. I had the Vegan Cobb Salad - super tasty and healthy! The restaurant atmosphere is fun, and in my experience service has always been great.

Pros: many vegan options, tasty food, fun atmosphere

Excellent Place For Businesses Lunches And Personal Dinners - Edit

Have been vegan for about 5 months and found this gem. All of the Vegan food I have had here have been awesome. From the Falafel salad to the beans and wild rice, there are a lot more options for me to try and my non vegan boyfriend can enjoy his meals too. He loved his steak salad and burgers.

Pros: A Lot Of Vegan Options, A Lot Of Non Vegan Options, Vegan Cookie

Cons: Ambiance, No Vegan Wine, Very Packed

Fun! - Edit

I loved my visit to Busboys and Poets-- I blabbed about it all day after we left. It was fun vegan food.

1. The atmosphere was busier and more crowded than I usually like, but it's a fun veg-friendly cafe, so I can't complain there.

2. I was very happy with how everything was labelled on the menu, since my husband and I are both vegan and he's GF.

3. My drink was the Lem-Pom (pomegranate lemonade), which was awesome.

4. We ordered the vegan nachos, which were delicious! Not healthy by any means, but that's not what I was looking for.

5. I was really hankering for a veggie burger when we visited, so that's what I ordered. It wasn't really anything special, but it wasn't bad. I wouldn't order it again.

6. We finished with the Vegan Coconut Cheesecake, which wasn't perfect, but it restored my faith in vegan desserts after an icky experience at Sunflower.

Overall, this was a great experience, and I'll definitely return next time I'm in Arlington. The nachos alone are worth the visit!

Great Food - Edit

Busboys and Poets provides a wonderful eating experience for Vegans an Omnivores alike! In each of the BusBoys and Poets locations, they offer a eclectic/jazzy/laid back ambience that only adds to the wonderful dining experience. Each location also has a wide variety of unique books, and items for sale, when you first enter the location. The menu offers a variety of items including several appetizers, sandwiches, and entrees. There are also a few vegan breakfast items (tofu scramble, wraps, etc) offered daily. Especially enjoy the tempeh sandwich, nachos, and the Vegan calzone. I haven't tried anything on their vegan menu that I didn't enjoy! As a side note - I have been dining at this location since they first opened, and I have had questionable customer service on more than one occasion (typically when they are extremely busy). To be fair, on the rare occasion that I have spoken to a manager about my discontent, they have always done their best to rectify the situation.

Pros: Ambiance, Diverse menu items, Book Store

Wonderful! - Edit

Not a huge menu, which I appreciate. They had just the right amount of items to choose from and plenty vegan choices. I had the tempeh sandwich, mom had the vegan tuna & my sister had the Falafel Sandwich (we all opted for sweet potato fries & we ate them ALL). We all LOVED our choices - so delicious! I'll definitely be going back on my next visit to D.C.! Plus, they have the all-too-elusive VEGAN BRUNCH! So going to try that!

Pros: Funky/Fun Atmosphere, Delicious Food, Vegan Wine/Beer Selection

Cons: Tables a bit close to one another, Parking (only 1 hr free in garage)

Very veg friendly - Edit

This place has several great vegetarian and vegan options plus they have Daiya cheese for those vegans craving a little fake cheese on their pizza. The nachos, veggie burger, and tempeh sandwich are great!

Return to Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Busboys and Poets - Shirlington closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.