Burrito Chai

054-2861355

4 HaEshkol Street, Mahane Yehuda (at Aggripas and Yaffo), Jerusalem, Israel,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small restaurant serving freshly made-in-house burritos, sangria, margaritas and an assortment of vegan tidbits. Vegan choices offered are sour cream, meat substitute, a rice with beans plate that includes a sampler of sauces/salads. Minimal seating. Eclectic customer base.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by ShternyIsseroff

Hit & A Miss - Edit

Giving Burrito Chai 2 stars because of their disorganized service, wait time for food, and overall uncomfortable atmosphere. I went in for the first time, had a pleasant time ordering but had a hard time finding where exactly to order. After ordering, I waited for my food along with a few friends, and when it didn't arrive, I went to inquire. Apparently, there was no communication between the cashier and the food prep team that any of us had even ordered. When we asked about it, the cashier just started yelling at the girl preparing our food to do her job - even though he was the one who hadn't done his. We finally got our food, I ordered the vegan burrito, which I would rate as a 3/5. The wrap was thin, it looked like it was used from a packaged brand I would buy at the grocery store. Overall, unflavorful taste. While we sat to eat in the back room, the atmosphere was uncomfortable. There was no music playing, seating is very crammed, and there was no privacy for conversation. The type of crowd this place attracts is mostly mid-age Anglos, which wasn't very pleasant and didn't work well with young Israeli staff (who struggled speaking English). Though I appreciate the thought and effort put into the development of this small establishment, I unfortunately would not recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Vegan, Mexican Food In Jerusalem

Cons: Limited Vegan Options, Bad Service, Uncomfortable Atmosphere

Return to Jerusalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Burrito Chai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.