Burrito Baby

Contact 3033851520

Pflugerstrasse 11, Berlin, Germany, 12047

Mexican and Tex-Mex street food in a trendy, diner style eatery. Offers burritos, quesadilla, and tacos along with extras such as salad, rice, and beans. Offers children portions and a small selection of desserts. Sauces and beans are made-in-house. Most menu items could be made vegan. Tue-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sun 3:00pm-10:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by J-Veg

Nice burritos - Edit

The burritos are not out of this world but still, the place is nice, and they have vegan options. I regret they don"t make their tortillas crisps themselves. Average burritos for average/pricey price

Pros: good burritos, good portions, nice staff, nice place

Cons: average food, a bit pricey for the food

Best burritos in town ;-) - Edit

Went there to taste vegan burritos and we blown away by it. Great, tasty, hearty burrito no-bullshit, wrapped with nice 30cm wheat tortilla. The inside is packed with grilled veggies, great fried beans, spicy salsa, rice, shredded lettuce, coriander and cashew cream. If you are a big eater that size is right for you, but prepare and come hungry. The staff is attentive, friendly and really nice, they even let me charge my phone while we were eating.
They serve great homemade lemonade.
A must in Berlin, especially if you are mexican flavours lover

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: none

Very good - Edit

We ordered the hot mama and the vegan hit, both to take away.
Took about 8 minutes, and they were both very good, if a little salty. The hot mama wasn't overly spicy, but was spicy enough to make it fun.
Only gripe would be that they fold them in such a way as to make eating them without making a mess quite difficult. There is definitely a way to roll burritos better.

Pros: Tasty, Fast

Best vegan burritos! - Edit

Honestly, it's restaurants like this that show that you don't miss out on anything going vegan! The "vegan hit" burrito was soooo delicious! The chipotle sauce that they have in there was so good! And if you are really hungry you should definitely go there! It is a really small place and it does not look the best but the food is just so satisfying!

Pros: big portions, satisfying, delicious vegan burritos

Cons: interior is not the best

Huge burritos - Edit

This is the right place to go when you are very hungry. The burritos are massive! There is just one standard vegan burrito, but all the other version can be veganized. The burritos are very tasty. I also tried the tortilla chips with guacamole. The tortilla chips are nothing special (those at Dolores are much better), but the guacamole was delicious. The place is small, but a lot of people take away their food, so I had no problem in finding a table.

Pros: huge burritos, inexpensive , nice vibe

Massive Burritos - Edit

The burritos are massive. Don't wimp out on a taco. have a light lunch before hand and enjoy. The place is small but that's a good thing. If it were bigger you'd have a greater chance of a Cold Play fan sitting near you.

Pros: tasty veg*n food, cheap, cool staff

My favourite burritos in town - Edit

Realy small restaurant - so sometimes it's quite hard to find a table. Also it can take up to 50 minutes to get your food in the rush hour. But the burritos tast fantastic - they are filling and yummy! My favorit one is the Hot Mama Burrito. Also a must is the nacho plate - you can't eat it on our own!

Pros: Great burritos, Yummy Nacho Plate

Cons: Tiny place

Decent burritos - Edit

Decent burritos, although there is only one standard vegan option, with the rest veganisable (generally for an extra cost).

Pros: Vegan burritos, Indoor & outdoor seating

Cons: Extra fee to make most burritos vegan

Awesome burritos - Edit

This place is great. The burritos are delicious and the vibe is nice and chill.

My only issue is the last time I was there I ordered a vegan Scharfe Mama burrito. In order to veganize it they took out the cheese and sour cream to replace it with cashew creme. They charged 50c extra for this, which I thought was a little uncool. Next time I think I'll just tell them to leave the cashew creme out, but it would be nice if vegans could have their option at the same price as every one else.

Other than that the burritos are excellent and really huge portions. The Scharfe Mama wasn't exactly spicy enough for me, but they have a pretty wide selection of hot sauces behind the counter if you ask for them!

Pros: Great food, Huge portions

Good Tex-Mex in a chilled-out atmosphere - Edit

This place is worth a visit for sure.

Two of us went there for dinner after reading about it in an ex-pat magazine. It's not very big inside and the atmosphere is quite cosy and relaxed. It's great that it's 100% veggie :-)

We both had burritos - me the "Vegan Hit" and my fellow diner the "BBB". I was really impressed with mine and really enjoyed it. It was a really good consistency and had a good mix of beans, grilled veg, TVP, salsa, rice, cashew butter and salad.

The "BBB" wasn't so good. Since the "BBB" comes with sour cream and cheese, you can veganise it for 50 cents extra, meaning they replace the cheese and cream with cashew butter. We also asked for extra guacamole (because we love it!) but when it came, we couldn't really taste the cashew butter or guacamole.

For dessert, we had 'chocolate banana', which was basically a banana covered in melted chocolate then frozen. It was delicious!

There was a lot of variety on the menu so I'd be interested to go back and try the other stuff. The staff were also very friendly and helpful; we actually got the dessert for free because we told him we weren't totally satisfied with one of the burritos.

I would recommend it if you're in the area. I can't say fairly how it rates compared to the many other vegan burritos in Berlin, but I will certainly be going back to try it again!

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, Really laid-back and welcoming, Good choice of 100% veggie burritos!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Burrito Baby closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2880 times since May 2013.