Burrito Amor

Avenida Tulum (at Calle Sol Oté), Tulum, Mexico, 77760

Serves meat, vegan options available. Open-air restaurant offering all-day breakfast and burritos, including a vegan burrito and has smoothies. Open Mon 8:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by yesitsallvegan

Best Burrito the world has ever seen - Edit

Our title might sound hysterical, but seriously, if Yucatan has a better veggie or vegan burrito, then...erm...we'd like to...erm...eat it. The fillings are dense and each ingredient would stand alone in its own right. Even the table sauces are a notch above. If you are reading this and are the owner of this place, please contact us with the recipes. Immediately.

Pros: ultimate burritos, great ambience, decent prices

Muy Bueno - Edit

Un lugar muy comodo y practico para poder comer algo rapido y de buen gusto, burrito es un lugar que cuida sus servicios para darte un excelente atención. Es una parada necesaria en Tulum.

Pros: excellent food

Cons: tranquilo

Good Burrito - Edit

Burrito Amor is a lovely little place just on the outskirts of town close to Casa del Sol hostel. Their later hours make this a very attractive stop on the way home. Our waiter was very scattered and delivered the wrong burrito to me which I almost ate. This was a little off putting and didn't give me the greatest confidence as I had ordered the vegetarian burrito without cheese. When my actual burrito arrived it was delicious. My only complaint was that I found the filling a little oily. Aside from that this was probably the best burrito I had on my travels.

Pros: veg and vegan, tasty, good prices

Cons: scattered service, far end of town

Nice Tex-Mex food - Edit

Burrito amor looks really cozy. The staff seemed nice and payed attention. They have "innovative " drinks, burritos and salads in which they use local ingredients like Jamaica, nopal, mayan spinach, tequila, ...

Pros: tasty, nice salads and burritos

Cons: it doesn't seem as if the small and the big bu, Sauces aren't all vegan

Person below wasn't kidding, but... - Edit

It was absolutely delicious. Oil is never a bad thing! We had the vegan burrito and it was great. Yes, oily, but full of flavour. Service was good - our waitress told us we could veganise the vegetarian burrito as well, so we will try that next time!

Pros: Multiple vegan options, Decently priced (70 pesos), Great food

Cons: Heavy on the oil

greasy burrito, overly salty, small, tummy ache. - Edit

Needed to be fresher.

I really wanted this to be nice

vegan burritos in modern outdoor restaurant - Edit

cool outdoor restaurant modelled on an old gas station, on the main road in tulum town. on their main extensive burrito menu, one dedicated 'vegan burrito' with nopal, chaya, black beans, rice, pico, avocado and epazote dressing. other vegetarian options. also had all-day breakfast menu with veg and non-veg burritos, smoothies, salads etc. we had the vegan burrito, which comes in regular or large size – was excellent. also had a 'caramel' smoothie made from dates, coconut milk, vanilla, banana and coconut water – delicious. vegans beware that not all the salsas are vegan – the waiters can point these out to you.

Pros: fresh, local ingredients, vegan options clearly marked, good value

Cons: most salsas contain dairy

Return to Tulum Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Burrito Amor closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.