CLOSED: Burnt Fork BBQ

Contact 404-373-7155

614 Church St (at Commerce), Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30030

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan options clearly marked on menu including spring rolls, Korean BBQ tacos, BBQ tofu (sandwich or plate). Offers a number of vegan sides including kale and in-house-made sweet potato chips. Confirmed closed, Dec 2014.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, BBQ, Non-veg

First Review by Trixie_B

unbelievable tofu BBQ - Edit

The owner of this joint is a vegan! The tofu BBQ is to die for, you can buy it by the lb. great sides too. Be careful call before going, they kinda shut down at will. The good news is you can go with non-vegans cause the Q is great too.

Delicious BBQ Tofu Sandwich - Edit

If you are craving BBQ this place is great. Everything on the menu is clearly marked vegan - no guessing game - there are many vegan sides, great meal options and the BBQ sauce was very good.

Pros: Good BBQ, Great French Fries, Clearly marked vegan options

Cons: slow service

Disappointing - Edit

I went there twice while working nearby, and was disappointed both times. Specifically:
1) My first lunch visit there (around 1pm on a Saturday) was only one server, who seemed to be also working in the kitchen in some capacity, which meant a delay before being noticed and getting a menu. An order was placed, and the food eventually arrived (delayed despite very few customers, only two other tables occupied). There was no refill of iced tea, when I was able to get the servers attention and asked, I was told there were out of iced tea (no reason given why they didn't want to make more). Food was OK, not quite up to chain BBQ like Sonny's but more pricey.

2) Two weeks later I tried again, hoping it was a bad day. Turns out, my first visit was a good day!! I arrived around 12:45 on a Saturday (most tables were full), and was able to order AFTER two other tables I saw come in after I did, about the same time, just behind me. By 1:20, still no food and I had to leave - I was on a lunch break from work. Just one person at my table,. so maybe I wasn't important. I told the server I had to get back to work and left sans food. I went by the adjacent McDonalds to pick up a quick wrap to eat as i was driving to work, altogether a very negative experience.

I don't see any possible reason to try a third time.

Pros: parking Free, BBQ restaurant, huge potential

Cons: Service, price, food

Great Vegan BBQ! - Edit

I was skeptical about eating at a BBQ restaurant. I'm a strict vegetarian and have been to many veggie-friendly places where they don't understand how to handle vegetarian food to prevent it from mingling with the meat. No need to worry here; one of the owners is vegan and has carefully trained the staff to keep meat and vegan items separate. Everything I've had here has been great! They make all of their sauces and ketchup, as well as bread and ice cream or sorbet. The BBQ tofu sandwich is my favorite. I'm addicted to the kale with a slightly sweet broth and topped with pecans. Tonight I had the chocolate sorbet with vanilla ice cream. I'll be craving that for days! The servers are courteous, efficient, and always a pleasure to see. Another plus for me is that they use environmentally friendly to-go packages. Definitely check this place out!

Pros: excellent food, good vallue, friendly staff

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Burnt Fork BBQ closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1076 times since Jul 2012.