Burger Trut

Contact 010-2439800

Hang 5, Rotterdam, Netherlands, 3011GG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger place with informal Berlinesque atmosphere, known as the social hub of Roodkapje Rotterdam. Offers a house-made veggie burger plus salads. Has table tennis and arts programs. Moved from Boomgaardsstraat 71 in early-2014. Open Tue-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Gudrun

Hip cafe with good vegan options! - Edit

Had a very interesting and good vegan shoarma here, complete with vegan cheese and garlic sauce. My boyfriend also had a spicy chickpea burger, definitely worth the try! Service was a bit slow but other than that good experience. Very affordable.

Pros: Good vegan options , Affordable

Cons: Quite greasy

Becoming a yearly tradition - Edit

Normally I love to try new places, but I had such a good memory of my visit to Burger Trut last year, that I took the opportunity to visit again. I love the atmosphere, and the changing menu has enough tasty burgers and sides to offer for vegetarians. It can be quite crowded, last time we did an extra walk to wait till there were free seats.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly, Nice atmospere

Cons: Can be crowded

Fav restaurant - Edit

Burgertrut has been my favorite restaurant basically when I discovered it, I thought the name was really funny and wanted to try it out because of it. I think this is a great place since it serves really good food for a good price, the atmosphere is really chilled and it's in a nice part of Rotterdam as well. Definitely recommending this place to everyone!

Pros: Good food, Good price, Nice interior

Only prices of vegetarian/vegan burgers increased! - Edit

First, I wasn't convinced of this place, because the food was really salty and fatty. Over the last couple of months the dishes improved a lot. I like their two vegan burgers and I really love the vegan 'Kapsalon'. Do pay attention when ordering! Even when you order a vegan burger, the side dishes are not automatically vegan, you have to specifically state that you want the whole menu to be vegan. Unfortunately the waitresses are in general not very helpful nor friendly. I have been there quite a lot of times now, because I live nearby, and most of the time the girls look like they are forced to be there. Recently, the prices of all the vegetarian and vegan burgers were increased, but the meat burgers stayed the same. It seems like they have been quite popular with non-meaters and they want to cash in on that, very disappointing!

Pros: 100% organic, Central location, Affordable

Cons: Unfriendly and slow service, After a visit clothes smell, Sells meat

Very very nice! - Edit

We had a lovely evening at Burger Trut. First of all: I really liked the atmosphere, it's very cosy and I instantly felt welcome. Service was quick and friendly. Then the food: we had a vegan and a vegetarian burger, both really good. They have more vegetarian options the meat options, and they are all special combinations of tastes. Also the side dish, a salad of mixed grilled vegetables and mushrooms, was really delicious. And even the desert I chose, a piece of Paradise Cake, tasted like it really was from paradise. I can realy recommend going there when you're in Rotterdam!

Pros: Inexpensive, Original ans tasty burgers, Lots of options

Cons: Nothing!

the best burgers in town! - Edit

I've been here multiple times, on all three locations actually because they travel around in the city!
I personally love the Whatsapp Doc a lot! They also serve the famous Rotterdam dish 'Kapsalon' in vegan! Be sure to check out some of their delicious pies, some of them are vegan, sugarfree or raw!

Pros: nice atmosphere, cheap, best burgers!

Limburger - Edit

I went there with 2 friends and we all had "De Limburger", a vegan "burger" - actually not really looking like a classic burger since it was served on a slice of bread. The burger part consisted of polenta and mushrooms, it was served with sweet onion compote, crunchy apple, cucumber, rocket and parsley pesto. It was really good and inexpensive. The soy cappuccino was fine as well. While we were there there was some strange, strong (turpentine?) stench hanging in the air, I guess coming from the artists next door, which spoiled the atmosphere a bit. I hope that was an exception, will check that out next time since for sure I will get back to this place. Very friendly service, English and Dutch spoken. Free WiFi.

Pros: nice vegan burger, friendly service, inexpensive

Return to Rotterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Burger Trut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3192 times since Sep 2012.