CLOSED: Buona Tubu Tubu

• Vegan

Contact 03-6457-5045

1-17-9 Sekiguchi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan,

At 東京都文京区関口1-17-9. Makes vegetarian vegan Italian food like pizza and pasta plus western style food. Last order 10pm. Previously known as Mirai-shoku Restaurant Fu. Closes Wed if Tue is a holiday. Reported closed to HappyCow, Jan 2016. Moving to a new location and open Feb 2016 - please let HappyCow know the details.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by MidnightSun112

Pasta! - Edit

I went to this place alone for pizza, but it was not pizza time, anyway I get nice menu with sopu salad and pasta bolognese. Really tasty pasta andplace as well. They have nice vegan magazines in japanesse, so you can just watch pictures :D Stuff is super nice and friendly!! Love it

Delicious but expensive for the portion size... - Edit

I came here specially on a Friday night and had read the rave reviews on Happy Cow. I ordered the Ortolana pizza with Takibi and summer vegetable and my companion the Pizza Margherita with Hie, and we shared a mushroom and white kidney bean salad. The salad was tasty with a subtle and delicious dressing. Likewise the Margherita was very nice and subtly flavoured. The Ortolana had a stronger but equally delicious taste. The only issue with all of the dishes mentioned is the ratio of the portion size to the price. At ¥1200-¥1400+ for a pizza, I'd want a decent sized one, and the very very dainty salad was ¥815. Although I could have eaten more, looking at the menu and seeing how tiny the desserts looked, I just didn't want to go there. Great food but unfortunately expensive. A place for occasions I think.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Price too high for portion size

Really nice place - Edit

I came here last week for dinner and was happy at how easy it was to find. Menu is just pizza & pasta really, with some anti-pasta. I had French fries to start (!) and then a pizza. Fries were lovely, lots of black pepper. Pizza was smallish, but incredibly tasty and filling. I came back tonight to try one of the pasta dishes and for anti-pasta I had 'spareribs' made with burdock root. Oh my! Amazing! Really tasty, never had anything like it before. I had linguine with cream sauce and seasonal veg, very tasty, and a lovely banana muffin, which I took with me. This place is not like a traditional Italian restaurant, it is definitely a Japanese take on Italian food, but that makes it more interesting. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful - I had a conversation tonight about the spareribs, they showed them to me in their raw form, and we talked about other food (in English). Menu is also in Japanese and English. Really nice place, good food, reasonably priced. Very easy to find - take the Yurakucho Line to Edogawabashi station, and exit at Gate 4. On street level, turn right and walk for a few minutes going past an overpass. The restaurant is on your right, clear signage, you can 't miss it.

Pros: Good food, Reasonable price, Friendly staff

Adorable Japanese-Italian Restaurant - Edit

I loved this place. It was a very cute little shop with Japanese takes on traditional Italian dishes. They were extremely creative with their plant-based menu and everything we had was delicious. I would love to go back and try more of their menu.

Pros: Great food, Unique Japanese flair

Nice! - Edit

I was here on the weekend. Unfortunately I arrived too late to try a vegan pizza (they stop taking any orders at 10pm). I had the burger which was delicious. The soup and salad I had were fine. The portions were small, especially given the price. I hope to be back at some point to try one of the pizzas, which look great.

The name in the title is wrong. It should be "Buona Tubu Tubu".

Rich Vegan Italian Food - Edit

I finally had a chance to eat here and was really impressed. They had a large menu filled with appetizers, pizzas, pastas, and more, which made choosing really difficult. Ultimately I opted for one of the pizzas, which was a bit expensive at 1600yen, but still really delicious and rich. I'll definitely be returning!

Pros: Amazing vegan pizza, Large menu, Friendly service

Cons: A bit expensive

tasty pizza and friendly service - Edit

Easy to find (near the subway exit) and a warm welcome. Had a couple of tasty pizzas and some beer. Fairly compact with vegan tiramisu on the menu! About 1500 to 1900 yen for a pizza. Plenty of pasta dishes too and one of the staff speaks English.

Pros: all vegan , friendly

Tasty lunch :) - Edit

We visited for lunch. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and there was a nice range of food to choose from. We were hoping for pizza, but they are only on the dinner menu - lunch was more Japanese in style. The food was all vegan and very tasty. They also sell some other handy bits and pieces such as toothpaste too (it's not easy to come by vegan toothpaste in Japan!). Worth a visit if you're in the area!

Pros: Yummy foodF, Friendly staffE, Easy to find

great Italian vegan restaurant - Edit

I have a friend who lives near Buona Tsubu Tsubu (Good Grains) and I've been frequenting this restaurant for about 2 years. They recently changed their menu to a more European-style menu that features about 20 kinds of all-vegan pizzas and pastas, vegan hamburger steak, and side dishes. They call themselves 'good grains' because the focus of the all-vegan cuisine is to use as many diverse grains as possible. The food is all very tasty and well-prepared although slightly more expensive than other Tokyo veggie restaurants. This is probably the only place in Tokyo where you can choose from several vegan pizzas so if you're craving some, I highly suggest giving this place a try.

Pros: GREAT vegan pizzas, nice menu, unique approach to grains

Cons: a bit more expensive than average

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Buona Tubu Tubu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4625 times since Aug 2007.