( 1 review )

994 Broadway , Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11221

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers vegan options in each category of the menu: juice, acai, smoothies, espresso, small bites, sushi, ramen, rice bowl, bunburger. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: American, Japanese, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by LunaBooBoo

Bad Customer Service and Rude Behavior - Edit

Those who know me, know I seldom give a bad review. I know the restaurant business is difficult, especially for veg people. Today, however, is one of those few exceptions...
I am lucky to have a profession that allows me to travel the world. We have dined in the best restaurants from Paris and Vienna to roadside Biber cafes in the middle of the Saharan desert. Between my 14-year-old child and I, we can muster up at least 7 different languages. As long as it says 'vegan options', we are there.
So today on yet another trip to NYC the owner of our hotel suggested 'Buntopia', it is located in a bustling, loud, and difficult to get to area in Brooklyn. It took us an hour to find. We arrived at 10:50 am, the hours are ambiguous, the menu said 8;30 and the door 11:00. We waited, and about 3 minutes later we were accosted by a noisy, rude, man in what I can only consider a racist diatribe. This is by far the worst experience and behavior, I have ever encountered. He put his hands up in my face and got close to me and then to my child. I told him to back off and a sweet Japanese teen, held him back, as my own child spoke to him calmly in Japanese. Saying, we understand if you open must open later, but because of your behavior, we can never eat here. Video is your friend, in cases like this! Do not eat here, if you are a woman, child or person of color, I don't consider it safe.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Bad Customer Service, Racist Behavior, Difficult to get to.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buntopia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.