First Review by vegan james

Super cute. Lots of flavors - Edit

We made sure to make the trip from Miami Beach to check this place out. Who can resist vegan cupcakes??

They have so many choices and flavors. We came later in the day so they were out of a bunch of stuff (I really wanted cinnamon buns). The decor matches the name and is really cute. You can see them making custom order cakes behind the counter and wow are they beautiful creations.

Definitely something to make the effort for.

Pros: Lots of flavors, Delightful decor

So lovely - Edit

This place is so lovely!
It looks like a magic place!
They have very many vegan cupcakes, so beautiful to see!
I tried four cupcakes. They are good. Not the best I had, but good for sure. I think that if they were bigger they would be better... They are very small and they are not very soft.
Anyway, go and see the place,try a cupcake and be happy!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 01, 2015

Pros: lovely place , wide choice of vegan cupcakes, both vegan and gluten free cupcakes

Cons: too small cupcakes

A fun experience - Edit

The cupcakes were delicious and fun. But it was the atmosphere that really made the experience fun for my family. We sat at a table by the window that had a dozen white roses in a vase. The cupcakes were served on sparkly, red, heart-shaped plates. Most of the cupcakes were tiny, so we could try lots of different kinds. My kids were delighted! We had so much fun!

Pros: Fun atmosphere, Large variety of flavors, Friendly staff

just A M A Z I N G !!!! - Edit

Honestly I have to say that these are the BEST cupcakes I've ever had in my whole life (including former non vegan years)!
I've read about it but didn't think that they were just SO good! I'm so glad we've made it there on our last day in Miami and I wish I had bought more of this yummy delight! Just go there and try all of them, I would if I was still there :-)

Pros: cute store, yummiest cupcakes I've ever had, so many choices

AMAZING - Edit

I had just eaten lunch and was driving around looking for a place for something sweet. The beautifully-painted side of the building this little gem is in caught my eye. BUNNIE CAKES?? Oh yea!

From the moment you step into this place, you are charmed. I did not realize it was a vegan place (I love Bunnie Cakes even more!); everything is vegan - and you can also opt for gluten-free (I didn't - I'm a gluten kind of girl). I think I ordered one of everything and each was better than the next (and I took a little batch home). The cupcakes are minis and $1.60 a piece (well worth it); gluten-free are a few cents more. They also have larger sizes, but I'm not sure what the price is on those. They have every flavor you could possibly imagine - there is definitely something for everyone. Considering the freshness and added bonus of being vegan, I would say that the items in this place are very well-priced.

The little cupcakes are decorated so cute. Some have little hearts or something else on top - very nice touch. Bunnie Cakes also sells other food, but I was too mesmerized by the cupcakes to pay attention to what else they sold.

The inside is so delightful and colorful. As soon as you walk in, the people working there are anxious to help you and answer any questions - very friendly. There was another girl in there taking pictures also because it was just so cute inside (and very clean). There are plenty of places to sit inside and enjoy your Bunnie Cakes - or you can take them to go; they package them very nicely. There's a side parking lot, or parking on the street.

This was an AWESOME discovery for me - I love Bunnie Cakes' attention to detail, both in their decor and in their cupcakes. I loved the place and all their delightful, delicious treats. I'll be back soon!

Pros: Cute, super-clean place, Vegan AND Delicious, Not too expensive

Tasty, cute and healthy!! Love them!! - Edit

The cupcakes are so fresh, they feel light and sweet... finally a vegan choice to desserts.
The presentation is so beautiful, you can bring them to any party and catch everyone's attention with the little hearts they put on them...
They even have some vegan empanadas made with guava and vegan-cheese that are great.
I hope they can expand their business with more vegan options.

Pros: Such cute presentation, Few tables to eat in, Very professional & great service

Cons: Might be too sweet 4 delicate taste buds

Horrible, Dry, Tasteless - Edit

This is the kind of food that makes non-vegans think vegan food is horrible. Dry, tasteless, and horrible. The worst vegan baked goods I've ever had. I tried them FIVE times in the hopes that maybe I would find something good. Save your money and gnaw on some cardboard.

Pros: nothing whatsoever

Cons: everything

MarianaCortez Thank you Wendy for your review.
However, your comments and descriptions seem and sound very far from other people think and I find this very strange.
I am truly sorry that you have to try them FIVE times in order to realize they are "tasteless and dry" differing very much from many of all of my long time and new customers think.
When I founded Bunnie Cakes 4 years ago my only purpose was to create a product that can cater to vegan and non vegans without sacrificing texture, colors, flavors.
My products have been recognized in national tv (Cupcake Wars- Food Network- Season 8) as "how eating vegan has nothing to do with depravation" and one of "the best and most elegant cupcakes we have seen on the show" this was said by one of the cupcake queens of the baking industry Candance Nelson and French Pastry Chef Florian Bellanger.
I have no doubt that my products are far from being dry or as you also mention "cardboard"
I personally invite you to the store, because since you are NOT describing in your review a full explanation of your experience I would like to guide you to our wide range of options and products and get your personal opinion in each of them.
Thank you again for visiting us so many times.

Great Vegan/gluten/soyfree cakes - Edit

For my birthday I went on a mission to find a healthy B-day cake and was fortunate enough to find Bunnie's Cakes. The cake was delicious and everyone vegan or not enjoyed it. I prefer to eat raw but will treat myself to their goodies at least once a month. Everything that I have tried is delicious! The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Worth it - Edit

I had a helluva time getting there but when I found it, it was an oasis. A really cute cafe in a mostly wide open grimy kind of downtown location. The cupcakes were super cute with great flavours - I got 6 mini ones. Options between gluten free and regular (thank goodness. For us who can still eat wheat we are getting tired of the mostly gritty gluten free vegan cupcakes!)
When a vegan visits Miami they HAVE to go to Bunnie's!

Pros: yummy!, variety!

Cons: odd location

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bunnie Cakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2134 times since Aug 2013.