First Review by Plain-Simple-Truth

Great Mediterranean food - Edit

We ate there over this last weekend...great vegetarian Mediterranean sampler. Many gluten-free options, including pizza crust and pasta. Wonderful baba ganoush.

Earlier review listed four years ago is no longer is no longer relevant. Great choices for vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: many veggie, gluten-free options

Bunky's is a Must for Locals and All Visitors! - Edit

Bunky's is just simply, - wonderful! Within their menu they offer gluten-free items and vegan fare, so there are many different items to please and amaze everyone! I am a pasta freak, so I love their Spaghetti & Marinara Sauce. I am a Vegan and I highly recommend Bunky's to everyone... they serve the highest quality cuisine at very nice prices. Write it down: Italian and Mediterranean · Gluten-Free · Lunch or Dinner · Spaghetti on the Board(ask about this!!) · Homemade Ravioli - Luscious Desserts

Pros: Incredible Selection, Lovely Ambience, Great Service

unimpressive, ok food - Edit

Nothing I had here was terrible but it just was not stellar. The decor is tacky, pastel chairs and tables. I might go back if there were not other options available.

Pros: good location

Cons: tacky decor, just ok food

Gluten-Free Signs are False Advertising: BEWARE! - Edit

Lured in by signs of Gluten-Free fare, we were very disappointed to have the owner make an embarassing scene when we requested a substitute for pita bread (cucumber slices, carrot sticks, tomato wedges... ANYTHING at all that could serve to dip in the hummus and baba ganoush). After our waiter went "to check", the owner came to our table and hollered at us rather loudly in front of a full restaurant of people - that our request was extreme, that vegetables were extremely expensive, and the only way they would provide something other than the pita bread that came with the meal was if we were willing to be charged an additional $2. Her humiliating treatment left our faces burning AND WE HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK!! After our friends learned how we were treated, they are also boycotting Bunky's in solidarity.

Pros: Nothing that overrides discourtesy

Cons: Rude Owner, Rude Manager, Profits before People

Return to Madison Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bunky's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1908 times since Mar 2009.