Bundobust

n/a

6 Mill Hill, Leeds, England, LS1 5DQ

A collaboration between Prashad veg Indian restaurant and the Sparrow pub from Bradford, this is a craft beer bar that serves Indian street food. Small snacks, entrees, appetizers, soups. Casual atmosphere. Plenty of seats. The decor is rustic with recycled wooden doors covering the walls. Kitchen stops 2 hours before closing. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Fast food, Beer/Wine

First Review by MandM

A winner - Edit

This place never lets you down the food, beer, wine and atmosphere just right.
Yummy...
Lots of vegan and gluten free options on their vegetarian menu.
Being Leeds Indie Food festival at the moment (11th-28th May 2017) they had an additional menu with four Vada Pav's created in collaboration with other independent eateries in Leeds. Big plus for that.

Pros: Superb food, Relaxed atmosphere

I didn't think there were that many options - Edit

For a vegetarian Indian restaurant I actually didn't think there were a lot of vegan options thought it would be the other way round. However the atmosphere is brilliant and it was very busy, good sign! The options that were there were yummy also bonus very dog friendly !!

veggie or bust - Edit

A unique concept which works so well. This is a modern bar full of life. The food is delicious with a high percentage of vegan options. It's a cool and relaxed place to enjoy a craft beer or veggie wine. We visit every time in Leeds because we love it that much.

Pros: tasty vegan food, cool bar , nice craft beers

Not that great - Edit

For a vegetarian restaurant I would have expected a greater number of vegan options - only around 25% of the menu seems to be suitable which is a real shame and something they could do much better on. The food itself is OK, the okra fries are definitely quite tasty and the other dishes I've tried were fine too.

With regards to quality, quantity and price though, Tharavadu next door beats Bundobust hands down and I would heartily recommend you go there instead.

Pros: okra fries, food is OK

Cons: expensive, not keen on the small plates thing, disappointing vegan selection

this satisfied my cravings and then some! - Edit

I LOVE Indian street food and I've not had better outside India than this! Perfect for sharing some taste explosions with friends over a casual drink!!!

Not amazing - Edit

I went there just on time to get a lunch offer but still found it slightly pricey for the quality of the food. My two plates were kind of dry and not amazing. I would recommend going next door to Tharavadu instead!

Pros: Location, Fancy place

Cons: Food, Price

So tasty! - Edit

I love this place, a bar serving Indian street food. I have never eaten anything like this, love the idea of the small dishes like Indian tapas. The staff are very friendly and decor and ambience is great. The Okra fries are brilliant and good selection of vegan beers. I wish they would open a restaurant with MORE of this food.

Pros: Nice decor, Brilliant food

Cons: Beer quite expensive

Love this place! - Edit

Couldn't really ask for more: delicious and interesting vegetarian Indian food served alongside really good beer, close to the station so really convenient. Only downside is it can get really busy but only because it's so good! I wouldn't hesitate to take non vegetarians there either as it doesn't scream "vegetarian food", in fact you could probably completely fail to notice the lack of meat on the menu unless you were an especially ravenous carnivore.

I've also taken my kids there, and whilst I wouldn't exactly describe it as somewhere that particularly caters to children, they were welcome and enjoyed their food, especially the okra chips!

Pros: Delicious , Really great selection of beers, Buzzing atmosphere

Cons: Can get extremely busy, Not a place for a quiet romantic meal!!

The Place To Go! - Edit

What can I say about Bundobust that has not already been said. What a place! First of all, as soon as you enter through the doors you can feel the buzz, there's just such a great friendly atmosphere and vibe that exists here. The selection of craft beers is superb and the staff are very helpful in their recommendations if you are unsure what you are after. Whilst here myself and my girlfriend ordered 5 dishes between us which were the okra fries, onion bhaji, idli sambhar (dumplings), massala dosa and black lentil dhal and rice, all of which were delicious, especially the dhal and okra fries. Bundobust is a perfect stop off, be it just for a few beers and to socialise or to sample the excellent Indian street food that is available. We will definitely be returning on our next visit to Leeds.

Pros: Great Food and Drinks, Great Atmosphere, Great Staff

Fabulous, delicious bar food - Edit

I love this place, the vibe, the choice of vegan booze and mostly for the food.

I think there are only 2 or 3 things on the vegetarian menu that aren't vegan, which is fantastic.

The food is incredible, I really can't express how tasty it is.

Go here.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan booze, Great value

Get the okra fries. - Edit

My absolute favorite place in leeds. Serves the best food, with the best drinks and the best atmosphere. Can't fault it. Well worth a trip to visit.

Great vegan friendly place for a drink. - Edit

Another new and much needed bar and eatery on the Leeds veggie/vegan scene. Been away for a couple of months and whilst looking for somewhere in Leeds for a decent vegan Sunday lunchtime pint, Happy Cow made me aware of this new addition.
Had 2 vegan draught beers and a vegan lager to choose from, together with a range of vegan bottled beers including ones from Brew Dog.
The food is based on Indian street food, for the options and taste I would say this was true, as for the cost, extortionate comes to mind. Small tapas type items for £3-4 and small simple lentil soup for £6. The soup was tasty and very enjoyable but was not good value.
Bar staff were not sure which beers were vegan or not, which for somewhere promoting itself as veggie and vegan friendly should take the trouble to know.
I look forward to returning for a decent pint with friends in good relaxed surroundings with some great eclectic music playing, but, will prob eat before coming unless I just need a snack.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 31, 2014

Pros: Location & relaxing atmosphere/decor, Music, Vegan Beers

Cons: Expensive for street food style bar snacks.

Leeds Game Changer - Edit

Total Leeds game changer. All set to become legendary. Veggie places are now becoming cooler and hipper. They're not just some happy clappy hummus and lentil den where your food is splodged on a metal tray . This is the way forward. We came across this by complete chance whilst walking around Leeds. It's not obviously signed as being vegetarian on the outside but something urged me to take a closer look. I instantly had a great feeling about the place and as soon as we went in to have a look at the menu and discovered it was 100% vegetarian and predominantly vegan it felt so right. The atmosphere was absolutely buzzing, people were drinking lovely craft beer in lovely glasses and the kitchen area at the back was full of life preparing and serving veggie Indian street food such as sprout bahjis, crispy fried okra and spiced potato balls to the revellers. The menu appears to be seasonal. This is just an amazing concept. Beer and curry go together so well. In fact at Bundobust you'll find they go together very well!!

Pros: Great food, Great beer, Atmosphere

One of the best new concepts to come to Leeds! - Edit

A bar that serves Vegetarian-Indian food close to Leeds train station.... Why has nobody thought of this before! Great tasting food and good times!

Indian street food and beers for vegans! - Edit

Bundobust is a very nice place to take a drink. They have a huge choice of vegetarian and vegan-friendly beers. The place is pleasant and offers plenty of seats. The staff is friendly and you'll like the good vibe.

In terms of food, they have a small menu of vegetarian and vegan items of Indian street food. I took the onion bhajis and the samosas dish, that were served in a box. It was good and authentic but portions are not huge. It's perfect to accompany your drink but if you want a complete meal, you'd prefer go to Hansa's.

Pros: vegan Indian street food, great beers, nice place and good vibe, friendly staff

Cons: small portions, not huge choice of food

What a find! - Edit

Great Indian street food, lovely atmosphere, cool surroundings and a location that can't be beat, Bundobust is a great place to wile away an evening and right in the middle of Leeds, what more can you ask for? All round top place, we'll be back.....

Pros: Plenty of vegan choices, Staff really friendly and helpful

Return to Leeds Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bundobust closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.