Bulan Thai Vegetarian Kitchen - Silver Lake

• Vegetarian
Contact 323-913-1488

4114 Santa Monica Blvd (at Silver Lake area), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90029

Vegetarian Thai food restaurant. Its 2nd location.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by ms.nicely

Healthy and tasty food - Edit

I had a delicious plate with vegetables, fake chicken and brown rice. The vegetables were really well cooked, and there was so much in the plate that I had to ask a box for the leftovers.
My friend started with the spring rolls, which were disappointed as they weren't really tasty, and very small for the price ($7).
The service was good, but maybe too considerate : my friend and I couldn't spend 5mn on a conversation without the waitresses asking us how it was going. Anyway, it's better than a bad service.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive starters, Service too considerate

I'm in Love with their Yellow Curry - Edit

Unfortunately, I can't really leave an informed review. I have only had two entrees (spinach fried rice and yellow curry) and I love them both so much, I can't get myself to order anything else off their menu. Their curry is like no other I have ever tried. On the downside, if you are craving yellow curry and go here, you may not get what you anticipated, but for the first time, I was happy to have a restaurant not meet my expectations. I had no idea how low those expectations were before Bulan! Now I get cravings for their curry only and try so hard to find a curry that can compare at thai restaurants close to home and have been constantly dissastified and disappointed. All I can say is I miss Bulan. Please open one in San Diego or Riverside county.
*Besides the food, the staff is great- very friendly and attentive. They refill your glass as soon as you take a sip. The only negative about this place is it is a bit pricey if you want to eat there every day like I do. But considering the food and staff, it's worth it.

Pros: Food, Cleanliness, Friendly

Cons: Price

Authentic Thai - Edit

We used to go to the Melrose location, but this is closer now that we moved. I have enjoyed both locations, but this one seems less busy. This is all Thai, not like the other Thai American places around LA. The Crisp Fish with Green Apple is a must. We always get that and then try another new dish. My semi-veggie friend who comes along with us likes really hot Thai food. I mean really hot. We tell the waitress that and sometimes it's not hot enough for her, but most people don't believe my friend anyways when she tells them that as she doesn't look like she can handle it! I get the Thai Iced Tea and always have to remember to say soy milk. I would love it if the place was all vegan even though everything is clearly marked and most of it is vegan.

Pros: authentic thai, crisp fish with green apple!!!

Cons: not all vegan

dry and bland - Edit

This Bulan Thai is not the best. I started with the Fresh Rolls. The sauce was mild and did not have the right mix of spices. For entree, I ordered Pad Thai with Tofu. The tofu was completely dry and tasteless, as well as the actual noodles. It tasted like rubber. I won't be going back for more. As for location, there is street parking in the afternoon, but I would not recomment coming here on a weekend night as there is no parking due to the number of bars in the area.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: tasteless, bland, parking

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bulan Thai Vegetarian Kitchen - Silver Lake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1531 times since Jun 2008.